1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snow plow help

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Daryn, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Daryn

Daryn New Member

Hello ,i am a new owner of a 93 HI-jet .I am looking for a snow plow available from Canada .

I have a 2" receiver mounted on a heavy duty front bumper . Snow bear makes a plow for a reciever mount ,

My question is are there any owners that have mounted plows from other manufacturers like warn ,cycle country etc . with out mods to the bumper itself,or have used a mount from one manufacture and plow from another ?
    I could use the snow bear but im not sure if it is as strong as other brands as i have a fairly large area to plow .

I have a mig and can do mild fabrication if required and also build a winch mount on the plow .

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated or pictures of your set up.

Thank you, Daryn [​IMG]

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Daryn. Nice truck! I've been using an Eagle Plow for several years now. I did make a custom mount for it that directs much of the horizontal load right back to the frame. See the link in my sig for some pictures. I have bent part of the plow mount (the part that allows you to change the angle of the plow) but I never change the angle anyways so I haven't bothered to do anything about it. Plowing with these little guys is fun, having a heated cab is great, but it's got to be hard on them. It's the one and only time that I think having an automatic would be nice. I probably put more wear on my clutch in one hour-long plowing session than I do all summer long doing firewood and other duties! :)

I remember when I was doing research to buy a plow that there was at least one that applied some downward pressure and didn't just use the weight of the plow to hold it down. I would love to have that now...I often have a problem with the plow wanting to ride up when hitting a large drift. I suppose I could replace my Warn winch with a linear actuator of some kind...

Dishtech43 likes this.
  3. Daryn

Daryn New Member

Thanks for your reply ,i do appreciate any help .

4. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I don't know anything about plows, but I know a nice looking truck when I see one, and yours looks Grrreat! Is the camo painted or is it a wrap ?

5. Daryn

Daryn New Member

Thank you ,
    its actually painted ,very labor intensive !

6. binder66

binder66 Member

I put a plow from cycle country on my Hijet.
    It was mounted on a Razor and I was in the right place at the right time.
    A 2" receiver up front holds it and it is hydraulic power up and down. Plug in the hitch and electrical, two minutes, and go.

This set up was intended for city use but I moved out into the country.
    Was not sure how it would hold up on dirt but after last winter, I can say it works just fine.

Love your paint job!

Binder66