1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snorkel for absolute clean air

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Tony Evers, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Today I finally installed my snorkel. Super easy install with extra parts I had in the shop. I used a main line galvanized fence post for the snorkel. The inside Diameter is 1 7/8 " that just happened to be exact size of the outside diameter of rubber nipple that would normally go to flange under truck bed. Next I located the snorkel and scribed hole. and cut out with jig saw. Cut pipe to 32" and insert breather hose nipple. Feed hose back through newly cut hole and original hose end back to breather box. The hose is flexible so curving in half moon shape was not issue. I Used putty to seal around pipe where the new hole is. Then used 2 ring clamps top and bottom of bed to secure. Also used galvanized strapping to secure to rack. The new filter at end of snorkel is a secondary inside filter of another filter that most tractors have. It had a larger inside diameter than pipe say 2 3/8" I wrapped some electric tape around pipe to make up for difference. The new snorkel at the top I welded a 1/2 " flat bar to inside. I tapped a thread to accept my 3/8 -4" bolt that holds filter in place

Attached Files:

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Looks like a good addition. That should eliminate any cleaning or replacement of the stock filter.

Fred

Tony Evers likes this.
  3. swat1018

swat1018 Member

Looks good. Did you feel it changed the way your carb was working? Mine didn't seem to.

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

a little difference in how the carb works. I am at 1150 meters above sea level and do need all the air I can get. for my first test run I ran hard up my driveway , which is about a 5% grade a KM long. It kept accelerating the whole way, so no need to worry.
    Tony