1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sliding rear window?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Ironraven, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Hey do any Suzuki's come with a sliding rear window? I'm thinking that would be a perfect addition to my truck... my boy loves riding in the back but it's hard to keep tabs on him without being able to hear what he's saying. Plus I'm pondering making a bracket that I could snap an old van bench seat on to for short adventures into the woods with passengers... and it seems to me that I've seen at least one truck with a sliding rear window but I don't remember what model/year it was. Thanks guys :cool:

2. erixun

erixun Member

I have not a seen a suzuki with one of those windows, I think they are on daihatsu deck vans, though. That would be cool to have....

And I know what you mean by trying to hear passengers in the back... so we use those FRS radio's. They work ok.

raidios.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i misplaced tree branch easily makes it a sliding rear window :p well not as much as sliding but an open rear window :D

4. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Damn, I was hoping I could find a stock one... I suppose I could maybe measure an old Toyota truck and do some cutting... a project for another year I suppose :p

5. erixun

erixun Member

Maybe they make an aftermarket sunroof or something that would work/fit with the right dimensions to save some cutting.... or maybe a trailer supply house... like a replacement camper window?

6. tob

tob Member

Rear window

Ironraven,
    I have a sliding rear window that was made at my local supplier. We took out the existing window and he made a template to fit and then fabricated the frame out of aluminum, replaced the glass (tinted as is the windshield and side door windows)with the two separate pieces and installed the locking mechanism. I have the cost in my files some where and I will get it for you. At least you will have a starting price to go by.
    I don't care for AC but the wife does soooooooooo looks like I'll be getting one installed soon. ha ha
    It will be great for you and the ones in the back, not only can you talk but the fresh air that wlil flow from back to front will be and added bonus.
    Look at my photos and you can see the window in some of the pics.
    Hope this helps,
    Tob

7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

think tob is right on the money for a custom job. no cutting or fabing and it will work

8. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Awesome, you should have him fab 10 of them and resell them to us! I'm not sure where the heck I'd find someone to do a job like that around here...

9. tob

tob Member

Rear window

Ironraven,
    I will see him tomorrow and I'll ask about discounts for several prefab sliding rear windows, locking mechanisms, and rubber seals. I'm not sure about shipping costs from here to the States but I will find out for you.
    In the morning I will take some close up pics of my sliding rear window, it may help you to decide if the product will satisfy your needs.
    (Time taken to remove old window and install new one is about two hours or less) I think it took around one and a half hours if my memory serves me right. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I'll get all the info for you shipping, handling and whatever else is involved, also I'll check if he is online or not, then you can do the dealings :sly::sly:
    Take care,
    tob

10. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

Window

Hey Tob

Seems like since you and In talked in the Pm that now these windows are catching on. I hope that you are able to get them pls let us know.

11. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

sliding window

+1 on these, would be awesome

12. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Do I smell a group buy? :D

13. erixun

erixun Member

If the price is right and the quality is ok, one more!

Can we get some pictures, close ups etc? Was the rubber glued into the truck? How big a PIA was this to do?

14. tob

tob Member

I'll get pics, prices and all pertinent info for you all 2moro. I'll be seeing him in the morning because a friend wants one in his truck.
    Thanks, tob

15. tob

tob Member

Rear Sliding Window

I took some pics (of my rear sliding window) today between showers. I am to see my friend tomorrow about prices and install information. I meant to do it yesterday but real busy with the rice harvest. I will get all info for you and let you know ASAP.:D
    Tob

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  16. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Wow, looks awesome!

17. Kei King

Kei King Member

I know the early 90s Daihatsu Hijet Jumbo came with sliding rear window. Good luck on finding one of those however.

18. tob

tob Member

Sliding Rear Window

Hello all,
    I talked to my friend today and he is pricing everything as we speak. Next I will find out the S/H price and let you know. We are thinking of adding a CD with visual application for those of you who want to do it yourself.
    We are planning to have all the material needed for you. The only thing you will need is simple tools.
    We should have the price during this coming week.
    Thanks to all you show interest..tob:D

19. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Awesome, thanks for looking into it dude!

20. erixun

erixun Member

Like I have any extra money to spend on my "hobby":rolleyes:, with xmas coming up.... but I have been MIA for a little bit.... did we ever get a ball park price?

21. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Nope, not as far as I've seen. I'm sure he'll be back at some point :)

22. tob

tob Member

Rear sliding window

Hello all,
    Sorry it has been so long getting back to you about rear sliding window.:eek::eek: Seems everything happens all at once (oh well). My friend has been out of town and to another island because of sickness in his family. I talked to him over the phone and he said he would be back Saturday. I should have the price by then.

23. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

awesome thanks tob I cant wait to get my window I have the money set aside and I am ready
    \

24. bekkers

bekkers Member

Is it Saturday yet

Im interested but not sure how i WOULD get it to Canada.

25. erixun

erixun Member

Any price yet? Or has anyone seen one of these yet? Just curious, been a while since this thread has been updated.

26. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

We can get sliding rear windows for Suzi.

Ballpark is close to $300.

27. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Holy shnikes!