1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Size of Gas Tank

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Yardscape, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

Can I get every one to tell me what is the most fuel you have put in your tank?

I have a '93 Carry and the most gas I have put in it is 6.5 gallons. My gage is reading almost empty when I do this. I was under the impression that it had a 10 gallon tank. Is my gage off or is the size of the tank smaller than I thought?

Thanks

2. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

According to my Suzuki Owner's Manual, the Carry's fuel tank has a capacity of 36 liters, or about 9.5 gallons. I haven't actually tried running one out of fuel to see if it will hold that much, but maybe they still can go quite a ways even when the guage is showing empty.

-Hiram

3. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

I heard they were 10, but not sure. That means my gage is off by a 1/3. I can go another 30-60 miles.

Thanks for the input.

4. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

should be around 10 gallons. It sound like you need to adgust your gauge a bit.

5. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

My 91 Carry take at least 35 litres. Sounds like your gauge is off!

6. pepci

pepci Member

I think they are 8 gallon tanks. I have never put more then 6 in mine either though.

7. myhijet

myhijet Member

I put 8 gal in my 97 hijet one time. I also had put on 310 miles. that distance would have drained both tanks of our 96 f350/460 and made me walk the last 50

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That's awesome. :D We should make that quote a sticky on all forums! LOL

9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Got a 93 extened cab daihatsu, owners manule says 9.25 gals. It looks the same size as the sngle cab. Suzsuki.

10. stdavid

stdavid New Member

I just purchased a 92. How can I get an English manual? You stated that you had one. Any sources?

11. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

The owner's manual I have is in Japanese. So far, I haven't heard of an English version for the Suzuki...sorry.

-Hiram

12. rholcomb

rholcomb New Member