1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly question: tip/rollover risk?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Will Von Wizlepig, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Will Von Wizlepig

Will Von Wizlepig New Member

Hello!

I have a '91 Acty pickup.

I am not too familiar with high center of gravity vehicles, and the driver seat over the front tire riding position is novel.

I am just curious how easy these are to tip over with regular street use? It feels a lot like it might tip over when I go around a cloverleaf, for example.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

-Will

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

You can tip a tank over if you try hard enough but if you drive sensibly you will have no worries. I've had my Scrum on some pucker string stretching slopes but no problems yet.

3. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

The whole time I have had my Hijet, I have had no issues. Stiffer shocks (what most do) or getting coilovers (what I did) and you can take corners and even catchup and stay with normal cars if you decided to take the truck on cruise drives with others. You can see youtube videos of people using them (modifies suspension and engine work done mind you) in Japanese drift events with no problems.

My only mishap (back when I had a high mileage original engine, I daily it and go on long trips) was on a night car cruise and everyone stopped suddenly. I had no side panels or tailgate and had to get from 40 to 0 in a shorter space then normal. Guy driving behind me said my rear went up enough to my rear window's height. But I never rolled over. The engine crankshaft broke something somewhere though and that engine is now only good for spare parts. Before that, going nose first down a hill I was fine.