1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side to Side shift cable 94-98 Daihatsu

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by TRAX and HORNS, Dec 19, 2012.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Transmission is a high/low with rear diff. lock. Cable I need would be closet to passenger seat under plastic cover in cab, it runs under cab and ties into the shifter on trans, that goes side to side. Bottom most shifter on passenger side. Used or new doesnt matter as long as it works.
    Total length center hole to center hole is 3' 7 1/2".
    Truck Model off plate under drivers seat,
    Model-S110P-TMDS
    Ser. #-S110P- 027498
    Engine-EF/NS
    Terry Bearden
    512-217-7456

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I will check the one from my 99 unless you know it wont work.

3. TRAX and HORNS

Greg, send me a pm with your phone # and we will get a tape measure and get some specs.
    Thxs
    Terry

4. greg0187

Lets see if we are in the same ball park then I can get you more measurements like collar size etc...

The cable closest to the tape is the gear selector cable. It has approx 2.5" stroke.

The further one from the tape is the low(1-2)/hi(3-4)/highest(5-R)selector cable. It has approx 1-7/8" stroke.

shifter 1.jpg shifter 2.jpg shifter 3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. TRAX and HORNS

The one that is closet to tape is the side to side shift and thats the one I need. 3' 8 5/16" is total length on the one I have. Whats your length?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. greg0187

Thats what this one is. Im confused tho because if you look at the third picture the closest one to the passenger seat is the forward/back cable. Also, pay particular attention to the eyelets, the ones at the transmission are different. (first picture). you need to check the stroke of the cable and the length between the collar and the eyelet on both ends. If you set up your cable on the floor with the tape just like i did and line up the measurments from my pictures you should be able to check yours. Also check lengths where i marked in red. This can vary based on where the cable is stroked in the sheath but if you set up one end to match my measurement and the other end is the same then you should be good.

shifter 1.jpg shifter 2.jpg

7. TRAX and HORNS

On this Daihatsu S110P the cable closet to passenger seat makes up on the side to side (left to right function) transmission arm. The lower most arm with spring on it, passenger side of transmission. s long as your cable is 3' 8 5/16" long and the length from collar to collar it should work.

Attached Files:

8. greg0187

On the way to you!