1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shot Down in Nevada!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by 2Tailfins, Jun 4, 2019.

  1. 2Tailfins

    2Tailfins New Member

    Okay here goes, I imported a Suzuki Carry from Japan and had EVERY document I needed, CPB form stamped, Translated title, shipping docs, HS7, you name it, I have brought it to DMV 4 times, they said Nevada no longer considers Kei trucks street legal and would only give me an “ Off-road vehicle” title and they said they are going after any that have slipped through, GREAT! We are turning into California out here! Watch out Arizona! Texas!
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

    Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

    Yes, there isn’t enough of a population base, to push the issue with the legislators, so the mini owners get the shaft.

    The part that torques my jaw, is if you have an off-road motorcycle, and add: a headlight, turn signals, brake light, and a horn they will give you plates for it.

    I’m in Idaho and they will only license minis as ATVs. Go sixty miles away to Montana, and they will give you plates and a title. There are a couple of them here, (a mid eighties Accty, and a late nineties Gray metallic Sambar van), that a couple of old ladies licensed at their kids places in Montana. They drive them all over.

    And, there is a mechanic out at the airport who retired from Boeing, and bought a 94 Hijet, with a box back, which Boeing had as a plant truck. Since it had a title, the local DMV let him license it.
    2Tailfins likes this.
  3. cmoore

    cmoore New Member

    I have two Sambar vans licensed and titled in Idaho. There are at least a half dozen vans licensed in my area as well (Coeur d’Alene). I think they reg the kei trucks too, but the truck only get reg’d as low speed vehicles (35mph limit)
  4. ttc

    ttc Active Member

    And here I thought everything was legal in Nevada.
  5. 2Tailfins

    2Tailfins New Member

    Me too! I am now trying to get a Vermont title/plates and see if I can get it registered that way. Maybe transferring it from another state will be easier?
  6. milmor88

    milmor88 Member

    Hey 2Tailfins did you ever get Vermont title/plates. I am looking into it but haven't had any advice from someone who did it on a minitruck
  7. trktrd

    trktrd Active Member

    No problem where I am in Florida but varies by county. Some push you right through and some threaten to arrest you if your mini is ever driven on the road.
  8. 91HondaActy

    91HondaActy New Member

    did you ever find a way to get it titled in Nevada?
  9. Nautydog1

    Nautydog1 Member

    Where at in Nevada you located!!!
  10. To my understanding Texas has started issuing OVH plates to operate off road vehicles like side by sides for on road use under 35mph. But the DMV might fight you making up some anti JDM nonsense.

Share This Page