1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocks

Discussion in 'References' started by tallahasseeflminitrucks, Mar 4, 2008.

1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Timetripper hasn't been on the forum for almost a year. Not sure what happened to him. :(

2. nygil-b

nygil-b New Member

hi i would like to know if u guys have any idea on which shocks i could use for my 89 subaru sambar??

3. Humper

Humper New Member

Can someone tell me the size of the nut holding the lower part of the shock on. I lost one and need to get a new one. I assume its metric....

4. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

for anyone that wants or thought about an air shock the ma727 from monroe looks like it should fit. i was playing around on summits site looking at monroe 31000s and checking what trucks the fit(1970 c10 pickup is what i used) looks like the 31000 and the ma727 fits it just an ideal not for sure if it would fit our minis thou i might have to try it just for the heck of it if they dont fit i can always take them back and get the 31000(i would got to a local auto store to by them for if the didnt fit)

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

so i got bored and looked up the differences in the 31000 and the ma 727. looks like the ma727 is 3/4 an inch longer and its adjustable with air pressure so is someone used their suzuki a lot with heavy loads u could keep it closer to stock by uping the pressure a little might be a lil harder ride but if u have a lot of weight might keep your tires from rubbing to just puting that out there

for those who have the monroe 31000 on their trucks already how close do u come to bottoming out your shocks do u have a little room to play with. in others words could i get away with the air shocks thanks all

6. kbruce

kbruce Member

Rear shocks for 1997 Honda Acty HA4

Any intel on rear shocks for a Honda Acty HA4 class truck... 1997.

I'm actually trying to find a set of air shocks and was hoping to cross ref from a domestic shock that is cross-ref'd from the Honda 52610-SJ7 stock part number.

7. mitsu98

mitsu98 New Member

Hello to all, I"m a newbie here and have learned so much . I recently added a 4 inch lift to my 1998 mitsubishi bravo van . the rear shocks were topping out when hitting bumps .i wanted to change them , so i took the advice i receieved on this forum I used monroe 31000 shocks on the rear , worked like a charm. Just took off the old factory ones , simply bolted on the monroes with no trouble. I just wanted to add that this swap does work . I purchased the shocks at oriellys auto parts . 39.35 for two shocks , then had them in stock . Again the number is monroe 31000. Thanks for the great info.

Acerguy likes this.
  8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the info!

9. mitsu98

mitsu98 New Member

Hi Keith . your very welcome . im just glad to be apart of this forum, theres a great bunch of people on here and a wealth of knowledge .thanks rich

10. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

Since the shock is 3.5" longer are you botting the shocks insted of the bumper? Or is it never an issue since no one fills the back of their bed with that much stuff?