1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocks

Discussion in 'References' started by tallahasseeflminitrucks, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Can anybody give us a part list on aftermarket shocks for all the mini trucks. I read some forums that say Monroe or Napa shocks will fit them but there are no part #'s.

Thanks

Torrey
    Tallahassee Mini Trucks

2. Gawdzuki

Gawdzuki New Member

sorry for the off topic here.
    But do you have a place in Tally. Been meaning to ask that question. I used to service the hematology equipment at the VA clinic up until a few months ago. And thought it would be useful to have someone close by that has the same likes as I do

3. Gawdzuki

Gawdzuki New Member

Been meaning to ask if you have a place in Tally. Would be nice to know that there is someone close by that has the same sickness...errr interest as I do;)

4. Colin

Colin Member

Gimme some dimensions and pictures of both ends of the shock. I'll find a Monroe replacement (if one exists.)

EDIT: Looks like Monroe has "Mounting and Size Charts" on their website. The PDF pages are identical to our catalog. :)

Colin
    (Counterman, Auto Value)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  5. thanks

Colin
    thanks for the reply, my mechanic found some for the daihatsu but still looking for the suzuki's. We will post when he gets back with the shocks.

Gawdzuki
    yes we have a shop off of capital circle SE (address below), stop by sometimes. we have 13 in stock for now going fast.

Torrey
    Tallahassee Mini Trucks
    1789 Capital Circle SE
    Tallahassee, Fl 32301
    (850)576-7000

6. DarinRay

DarinRay Member

what shocks are for the daihatsu for reference? Darin

7. dwink

dwink Member

I have installed monroe's on a suzi and 2 mitzis, they are monroe 200 and they come with inserts that bolt right up to the minis with more travel for the lifts. I will chack mine tonight and post part number tomorrow morning.

8. Thanks dwink

thanks alot the part # would help us out alot especially on the suzuki's

Torrey
    Tallahassee Mini Trucks

9. dwink

dwink Member

I'm sorry it took so long to get the info. The shocks are Monroe 3100's. They come with inserts to fit right on mitzis and suzis.

Pete's Garage likes this.
  10. jaykay

jaykay New Member

I also made a set of Monroe's work on my '95 Suzuki. The part # on the box was 59304. I saw in an earlier post to ask for '90 model Datsun P/U shocks at the parts house. I had to take 3: 2" x 5/8" fender washers and place them
    over the top mounting stud. This was to space the larger diameter shock a little farther away from the frame. I then took 2: 1/2" I.D. x 5/8" O.D.x1-1/2" long brass bearing sleeves. I got them at ACE in their small parts bins to use inside each mounting ring on the shocks. Works perfect.
    RECAP: 6 ea.-5/8 fender washers 2" diameter. 3 for each top mounting stud.
    4 ea.-5/8" outside diameter x 1/2" inside diameter x 1-1/2" long brass
    bearing sleeves.- These will slide into the larger mounting eyes of the
    shock and take up the difference in the diameter of the 13mm studs.
    2 ea.-1990 Datsun P/U shocks. Number on box is 59304.

Acerguy likes this.
  11. dwink

dwink Member

With the monroe 3100's you don't have to buy the inserts they come with all the hardware and bolt right in.

12. DarinRay

DarinRay Member

13. part #

darin

Daihatsu: Monroe part #32207
    Mitsubishi: Napa Respose #94009
    Suzuki: We have yet to find the part #. We can make shocks fit but prefer to find some that will fit without any modifications to the truck.

Can anybody give us the part # for the Monroe 3100 shocks (rear shocks)for a Suzuki Carry?

Thanks
    Torrey
    Tallahassee Mini Trucks

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  14. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

I went to my local AutoZone auto parts store, and had them run a cross referance to the Monroe # 32207 listed here on this form. They came up with a Gabriel shock.. Part # 81676 to replace the rear shocks on my 2001 Daihatsu. I will go back this week and try to cross referance the fronts.
    The rears have a wider body, and a tad longer.. Mounted up EZ.. My stockers would stay at any length you pulled them to.. if you compressed them.. thats where they would stay.. So I'm sure they were worn out... the new ones spring back to full length from compressed. I paied $15.99 each
    I can email pics, of the stock and new Gabriel's.. off truck and on truck..
    Chris.. topherztoyz@msn.com

15. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

NAPA # 94009 on the rear for my Mitsubishi with a 3 inch lift worked out great.

16. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

NAPA # 94009 ... were those for the front shocks?
    Chris..

17. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

If the new shocks were "gas" shocks that is why the extend to full length on there own, and conversly if your old shocks were not "gas" shocks then they would stay put where ever they last were positioned. I'm not saying your old shocks didn't need replacing just pointing out the difference between gas and non-gas shocks.

18. mestambulance

mestambulance New Member

Can you please confirm the Monroe 3100. Maybe it's me but I can't seem to find a Monroe 3100 anywhere.. Thank you.

19. myhijet

myhijet Member

I cabbaged onto a set of coilover shocks of a sportsman 500 and put them on the rear of a hijet. Free length was the same but I had to add space the top mount out to allow clearance between the spring and the frame.

20. billy05

billy05 New Member

So what is the part # for Suzuki shock

21. Colin

Colin Member

That interchanges to a Monroe "Monromatic Plus" 32164, for what it's worth.

Monroe part numbers are typically five digits. Are you referring to a 31000? If so, we've got 'em in stock right here for $22.69/ea. :p

Colin

22. dvf557

dvf557 New Member

So has anyone found a front coil over for the front of a suzuki ?

Dan

23. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

This number is for rear only.

24. DRW

DRW Member

Does anyone have a replacement rear shock number for a 91 Suzuki Carry yet?

25. DRW

DRW Member

Has anyone come up with a shock part number for the rear of a Suzuki Carry?, say 1991 model. I know several people including myself have asked and so far I have not seen anything, or I have missed it.

26. dwink

dwink Member

MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, MONROE 31000, I'll post a picture of the box with part number if I get a chance. These work on Mitzis, Suzis, and probably others as well.

27. DRW

DRW Member

Part number...wow! that would be great.

28. DRW

DRW Member

Somewhere I had asked about the 31000 number and was told that was a series number,who knows.At least now I know what I need.

29. dwink

dwink Member

I'm not sure but the the end of the box says: "MONROE 31000" no other numbers. I'll post a picture if I get a chance.

30. volkswagen50

volkswagen50 Member

For what it's worth on the Monroe #32164, for the rear of the Mitsu, the body is very close to the u-bolt plate and will get hit when the truck is articulating full droop on one side and full compression on the other. I do have the correct washers on the studs first. The sleeve took the hit, I think the body itself is fine. After the last weekend with them, I think that they'll last with the small dent in them for quite a while. Greg