1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifter Cable Mod.

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Cavvietta, May 5, 2008.

1. Cavvietta

Cavvietta Guest

Hi All,
    My First post on this forum a lot of good information here.
    I searched the forum and couldn't find answers to my problem, hope someone can help.
    I was building a body lift for my Carry today.
    I was starting to install it and everything was going great all of my measurements, angles and figures were all coming out perfect.
    I unbolted engine trans cab ect. and started droping them all down.
    Smooth as glass then all of a sudden my project came to a screeching halt.
    The shifter cables are too short to compensate for a 6 inch body lift.
    I don't see any way to squeeze a few extra inches out of them either.

Anyone have any Ideas as to how to get around this problem?
    I am soooo psssstttt I was going to have it all put back together tonight!!!:(

2. DRW

DRW Member

You can have control cables of just about any configuration made,most major bearing supply stores should be able to point you in the right direction.Getting one made exactly like your Japanese OEM cable but longer may be a challenge.

3. Dan

Dan Member

I have had a variety of cables made at motorcycle shops. they had an impressive assortment of different housings and ends to choose from

4. lzpoor

lzpoor Member

where to get cables

This site will let you build your own cables. http://www.midwestcontrol.com/linkage/mainpage.html
    i am not endorsing them but i use them for heim joints.

5. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Daihatsu Throttle Cable

Has anyone had a throttle or shifter cable made for their mini truck using this company? How did it turn out? Pros and cons of having made your own cable?

Thanks,