1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shed help

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Don-in-Japan, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

It appears to be a a tractor trailer. It has an aluminum channel "frame" of sorts, and looks like running gear would mesh with it.

The snaking roads were tough, but the electrical lines were the worst. The first pic shows how low and close they were. The trailer was actually resting against them for part of the operation. Scary.

2. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Looks very practical. I could use a couple just like it. I have a 20 foot steel shipping container at my "camp." I made it into a cabin by using three storm doors and a stud frame to build a wall inside the steel doors . One storm door is still a door, the others serve as windows. My container weighs about 4600 pounds. I bet yours is much lighter and easier to move around.

Sam

3. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Appreciate the info..

I'll run isolated grounds the each outlet, and ground the trailer seperately. My CNC stuff needs a workout..hopefully I'll get it done this weekend.

4. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Alright.. managed to get it cleaned up and painted. I started to use a roller to paint the insides, but tried my spray gun on it with good results. Didn't think an auto gun would spray water based latex very well, but it worked ok if I thinned it a bit.

I bought some light fixtures on sale, and put them in. The electrical isn't finished by a long shot, but it works for now. Still have to paint the desks, and make some work tables, a welding table, and some shelves.

After that, conduit, wiring, outlets, and air line mounting. The compressor is pretty loud, so I'm considering where else I can put it.

Attached Files:

5. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Very nice, Don. Thanks for the photos.

Sam

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

That came out pretty nice IMO