1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ShanDong Liangzi

Discussion in 'Tiger Trucks' started by Cory, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Cory

Cory New Member

Presently this company is putting out a standard, extended and four door version of these pickups. I am uploading a shot o the four door. These are 4 cyl 1000cc gas engines. 2 and 4 wheel drive. As I am just becoming involved with this particular pickup, I would ask if any of you out there have heard of this maker and if so... What have you heard?
    Thanks for the bandwidth.
    Cory Gahley

Attached Files:

2. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Yes I know about them. We are the new exclusive North American distributor. They are a great quality truck. Be patient as we will be releasing information on them very soon allong with the launch of the web site. We have 2wd versions like you have pictured as well as 4wd 5 speed, Hi/Low transfer case trucks. We will release the 4wd truck at the Dealer Expo in mid february.

Let me know if you are interested in becomeing a dealer. I can't give you complete information yet but I can tell you what I can and put you on the list to be informed as we have updates.

3. jtpc

jtpc Member

I thought about trading my subaru for one of those, but am not sure how easy it would be to insure compared to the subaru seeing the brand is an unknown. Also not sure about how reliable they will be because they are so new and chinese companies tend to have long supply chains when building a product.
    But as far as being great looking trucks, I am tempted. :)

4. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

They are certainly fine looking trucks as you indicated. Even when you crawl all over them. As with any product we will see actually how they perform after we begin to get feed back for the end users.

Edited 03/2009: ShanDong Liangzi has sold or has tried to sell their trucks to many of us lately. They even promised many of us exclusive rights. Well the dust has begun to settle and we've found more promises than truths. It was therefore decided that we would not sell any ShanDong Liangzi mini trucks. With the availability of NEW Japanese truck there is really on reason to shop and buy the Chinese trucks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  5. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Exclusivity? Definitely not from the Chinese! They will sell to anyone who has 2 nickles to rub together.

You may get a short grace period if you actually engineer the product and have them make it, but it wont take long until it leaks out or simply gets copied by another factory.

I used to work for PanterraMotors.ca The same bike is available with one of about 50 different names stuck to it.

The Chinese product CAN be good if engineered that way. Unfortunately its the all-mighty dollar (more appropriately, attraction to low prices) that dictate a lower quality unit. They have the capability, it just takes the right people to make it happen.

6. canadian1

canadian1 Member

exclusive

AMEN brother

7. pepci

pepci Member

I would not buy one for the fact it most likely will not last as all other thing China sends here. They are expensive and not like any mini's currently here from Japan. Hope you who deal them do ok.

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

9. jtpc

jtpc Member

I test drove one and was not tempted. It didn't have the build quality feel of the japanese trucks. Though larger in size, I wouldn't say it was more comfortable on the inside. The japanese trucks shift much easier as well.
    Engine noise was also louder than the Daihatsu's.
    Though larger displacement, didn't feel anymore powerful than the japanese trucks to me.

This was my experience from a test drive though.
    ~Josh

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

but, China stuff CAN be good if engineered that way. (Many reputable companies products are made in China, like Motorola) However, no, I dont think I would be interested in chinese engineered trucks after selling chinese engineered quads and bikes for several years.

So what I am saying: Just do not group everything made in china in the same pile. There are TONS of excellent products that come from there that in reality we likely couldnt afford if made in north america. (Our wages and cost of living are just astronomical compared to them. )

11. jtpc

jtpc Member

Yes, and the article greg posted did mention that many products they review from China are satisfactory in quality.
    So ya can't say its all low quality, however it is statistically true that Chinese products have been the source of many recalls.
    Just a matter of who you are dealing with and where they are getting all of their parts from to make their product(s).
    I remember reading an article last year about a Chinese factory head who hung himself at work because the toys they were making for Mattel (or one of the other large US companies) got recalled due to some bad paint. It wasn't even this man's fault, but that the people he got the paint subcontract with weren't really up to the standards/equipment they had promised him.
    Many supply chains in the process.
    Anyways, the article was saying it is not uncommon for the Chinese to kill themself when publicly shamed in business such as that. Very sad.

12. pepci

pepci Member

Thats right, I am saying specifically about the trucks and quads they send here are of poor quality and I would not consider them at all. There toys are another subject.

13. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I drove a 2007 Tatanka a couple of months ago. It had a 4x4 indicator on dash but no front diff. I asked the owner how come the front diff. was missing and he said it had a bug in it and when the factory figured it out his supplier would send him the front diff. Hes got to install it. The owner of the truck was considering getting a dealership but has changed his mind. Good looking little truck, drove good,had ac, and came with tall all terrain tires(23 or 24"). Just need to get some out to end users and see how they hold up. Its going to be hard to beat a 10/15 +- year old Japanese trucks. I can say as many of you can, that the Japanese trucks hold up very well. They have certainly proved that. Ive have quite a few go though my hands and really have no complaints so far. 99.5 % call backs were positive on the units Ive sold. The biggest call back was for stiffer shocks up front. Iam Happy. Bang for the buck Japanese Trucks.

14. littlebigtruck

littlebigtruck New Member

Trax and horns
    Good to hear from you. The person you are speaking of probably received one of our first vehicles that we had imported years ago. The gears in the front diffs of those vehicles did not match the rear ends so they were converted to 2x4s. Please let me know who he is so that I can get him the right front diff for that truck. Since then we have spent the last 2 years making trips to china to help with the R and D of our new drive train. I can tell you first hand that it is just as tough as a Mits with HI/LO, and if you have worked much with the Japanese minis you would know that the mits isnt as easy to do all the mods to as the suzuki but will out climb the rest. Throw it in Low grab 2nd or 3rd and I'll see you at the top. Thats just how our new Tatankas are. I know because I had them build it that way. Again let me know who that guy is so we can get him out 4 wheeling with the rest of us.

Lokahi117 likes this.
  15. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Ill send you a pm.

16. Call Me 318-218-1224

I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO FROM YOU ON BECOMING A DEALER. BOBBY 318-218-1224. WHAT STATES ARE YOU SETTING UP FOR DEALERSHIPS.

17. Im Not Sure How To Work This Web Site So If I Send It To U Twice. Disregard.
    Bobby 318-218-1224. Would Like To Know What State You Would Be Setting Up As Dealers. Very Interested

18. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

The Image is Vantage Vehicle Made by Faw

YES go to the Vantage website and you will see it here:cool:
    He also brings the Mags Vehicle in eeesh fun huh:rolleyes:

and does not supply any parts or service for them now lets have fun with that:sly:

19. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Tatanka

The tatanka trk. Was the brain child of rich cole.
    I think no longer in business. Was located in s.d.
    Made in china and had too many problems to mention. A graveyard of these trks. Is located in fl.

20. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

GUYS here is the scoop, this vehicle is bought in china, through a regular dealer, they then put thier own vin tags and vehicle id badges on the vehicle and get thier own manufactures ID plate. The two vehicles they use are currently and have been in the USA for over 6 years, the FAW which Vantage brings in and the Hafei which MAG International brings in, now both these comapnies are exclusive with factories in China, this guy does not support the vehicles in parts, most of his customers have contacted the proper dealers for support and parts.

So yes thats the scoop.

21. Cruiserguy

Cruiserguy New Member

22. Cruiserguy

Cruiserguy New Member

Yes, I have owned one for several years now and am going to sell as I need a bigger pickup for work. Runs great year round, I live in My. But without a tv tires for the winter, a little harder to get going in deep snow. I will post pics later.