1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Manual

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Knoxville, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

My grandfather recently purchased a 1992 Daihatsu Hijet mini truck.

He's looking for a service manual (english).

Can someone tell me where to look or buy one from?

Thanks

2. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

Can anyone help me?

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

So far as I know, there aren't any english language manuals out for the earlier trucks... There have been a couple of posts on the forums about getting some translated but I don't think there is anything yet.

Some of the later KEI trucks made their way to England or N.Z. and there are some manuals you may be able to find Here .

Another thing I found searching on line is THIS . Might be worth a try.

You might also want to try contacting some of the direct importers/exporters that are on the forum.

4. Service manuals coming soon!

We will be stocking up on manuals within the next 30-60 days. More info to follow.

5. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

Hey Mini Truck

Any idea if you will have a book on a 1992 Hijet, Chasis #: S83P-014574?

Knox

6. 92 Daihatsu Manual

Knoxville,

We are in the early stages of this but plan to obtain all manuals for 1990-1997 for Honda, Daihatsu, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Suzuki trucks. I'll know more by the end of this week.

These manuals will also provide 3D (exploaded views) with a large parts section. We will need extra time to do a once over for English translation on all parts sections for each manual.

I'll post more information as we progress through this project.

7. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Any word yet if these manuals are available for sale yet?
    I have a 1991 honda acty and would love to have a manual for them.
    -mark

8. MGeorge1972

MGeorge1972 Member

Ditto for a '94 daihatsu Hijet

9. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

10. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

I checked out the website.....

Is there information for the 1992 Hijet, Chasis #: S83P-014574 on there?

Sorry for being so non informative on these. This is my grandfather's toy and he asked if I could find him a service manual.

Thanks.

Knox

11. BUTCH

BUTCH New Member

I have a service manual for the daihatsu I can look up something for you if you need it email me
    butch

12. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

Hey Butch.. Thanks for the reply.

I do not know exactly what my grandfather wants to look up. He is an old fellower that loves to tinker around with things and I think he's just more curious than anything.

Can you tell me where you got your hands on the manual at? Is it in english?
    I do not care what it costs, I'd like to buy one. It would definitely make his day if I brought him one.

Thanks.

Knox

13. BUTCH

BUTCH New Member

book

I got it on ebay from seller dhm2338 he is in Washington state

14. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

book

would like to have a copy . i'm set up to bind small books, if we could work something out.

15. BUTCH

BUTCH New Member

Book

Let Me See What It Will Cost To Copy It Is A 350 Page Book

I Think If You Contact
    Daihatsu
    Motors Co.ltd
    Technical Pu Plication Group
    Overseas Service Div.
    1-1 Daihatsu-cho,ikeda-city
    Osaka Prefecture,japan

This Is The Name In My Book Who Printed It

It Is Publication No. B156-se
    Service Manual, Daihatsu Hijet

16. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Good info, Butch. Say...maybe some of our member in Japan/with Japanese contacts could look into this?

17. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

I am checking on it...I will see what I can find out.

18. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

I have the Daihatsu English manual and english parts book being printed now. Should be ready this week 375 pages service manual and 75 page parts manual

19. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

You can order a Daihatsu manual for the S110 chassis trucks through Daihatsu Help as well.

20. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

book hijet

will it cover the 660 cc ef-ck motor?
    thanks
    larry

21. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I was told that it simply covered the S110 chassis trucks with the EF engine. The CK, I don't know anything about. They were sold stateside for a while, with the same use restrictions as the ones we have.

22. 47knuk

47knuk New Member

Hey MINITRUCK.CA,
    Do you have the Diahatsu shop manuals and parts books ready yet?:rolleyes:

23. MrHijet

MrHijet New Member

24. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

small world ! some great info on the site.

25. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We have the Daihatsu manuals now. Service manual in english 379 pages and parts manual in english too. e-mail me if you are interested info@minitruck.ca

26. Received a CD-rom. service manual for the s81p [U.S. version] which covers the s82p-s83p-s110p models $65.00+ship. Ordered it from Nagata Technology,Inc. 847-439-0321----Daihatsu help line. Its in ENGLISH TOO!
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

27. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

cd

this would be a lot cheaper to copy than a book! will you be selling any?
    thanks
    larry

28. Sorry all rights are reserved but for under $100 you can not go wrong.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

29. rubi2004

rubi2004 New Member

I have one I would sell ($100) + shipping. I paid almost 200 for it and used it once, and sold the truck. It is in english, and is for the hijet s110p

30. indulis

indulis New Member

Like Steve, I ordered a CD version of the manual.

I called Nagata Technology,Inc. at 847-439-0321, but was told I'd have to order it through their dealer... so I had to call Karl at "Bill White Kia" (479-649-0999), but he can't order it without a part #, so he told me to call Leon at 1-800-777-7070, from whom I got the part # DHJS103S81010. I then called Karl back and placed my order... bottom line...$64.87 via FedX ground. For those who want to save some time... start with Leon and work backwards!!

Leon was very helpful... explaining that while my 89 Hijet S81P wouldn't specifically be covered in there, a lot of the info is "common". He even offered to FAX me specific pages from his "old" manual should the need arise. Hat's off to Leon!!!

Does anyone know if the printed manual that minitruck.ca has covers the 89 model year? I emailed him the question but never heard back...