1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

self balancing wheel weights

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by o8k, Sep 5, 2010.

1. o8k

o8k Member

I ran into this the other day and thought it was interesting enough to share. Apparently if you just toss pebbles, sand, beads, bbs, airsoft pellets into your tire, they will balance the tire for you. The material you choose obviously, may be more or less harmfull depending on choice of material.

here is a demonstration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

There are some folks out there reporting that stuffing simple airsoft pellets into your tire works great, wont damage anything or clogg the valve and are nice and cheap.

enjoy...

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

I did the airsoft pellets for a guy once. he had some wicked offroad tires and just needed the autoballancing for going fast but mud etc would throw it off (like my truck does now lol) anyhow i think it was about half a sandwich bag for each tire and thats what he used. I think that you would need sand or ball bearings because that plastic would eventually chip away and become powder.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I used a powdered type stuff like that years ago on a Porsche I had and it didn't seem to work..was fairly experimental at the time..the concept has merit,so maybe this new stuff works..would be worth a try