1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seafoam add to crankcase

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by warren farmer, Aug 6, 2018.

1. warren farmer

warren farmer New Member

I have a Suzuki DB51T 1990 Model with the 660 cc engine. It smokes blue on startup but in time will stop. I attribute this, possibly incorrectly, as valve seal leakage. Has anyone ever put Seaform in the crankcase? If so, what were the results?

2. Ran440

Ran440 Member

That smoke on start up could be from more choke than needed. No big deal. Is the engine using oil? If the oil level never changes I wouldn't worry about.
    Weren't you the guy with power concerns?
    BTW I use Seafoam in all my machines, but as fuel treatment. Good stuff.

3. warren farmer

warren farmer New Member

Yes I have power issues. While accelerating the engine will bog down, like it plateaus, then it will catch up after you leave the pedal on the floor. It’s like it’s flooding or something but then will catch up. It’s intermittent too, sometimes worse than others. It’s hard to reach the shift points on the Speedometer sometimes. Like it loses power then recovers slowly. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m still learning.

4. Cole

Cole Member

It sounds like it could be an accelerator pump issue. I have rebuild my carb before and also had the pump linkage come apart so it didn't function. It was really hard to rev it up since it didn't get that extra shot of fuel. Bogging down isn't necessarily a rich mixture.