1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scissor lift & dump mechanism

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by old grayfellow, Sep 27, 2013.

1. old grayfellow

old grayfellow New Member

2. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I have a '95 Scrum that I fitted with the dump system from a Mitsubishi about 3 years ago then got the hots for a scissor lift.I watched and finally found a S80 hijet with the scissor/dump set up and bought it.I kept my hydraulic system and just put the scissor/dump system on it and it works great. I had to move the bed back a couple of inches but it really wasn't that big a deal.I did build a stabilizer set up with a pair of long ram jacks because I use my truck on my little farm and it isn't always flat where I need it.
    I'm really happy with it.

4. old grayfellow

5. old grayfellow

Sounds good. I'll bet it comes in handy for a lot of jobs.
    From what i can gather by looking at photos, on at least some of these the entire assembly (scissor legs and outer frame) appears stay together and against the bottom of the bed when you raise the bed in dump mode, i.e. the whole assembly raises on the rear hinges that are on the rear of the outer frame. But in scissor mode the outer frame (outside the scissor legs) gets locked against the chassis at the front, so the scissor legs are forced to operate by moving backward in the steel channels of the outer frame as the legs raise up. Is that how yours works? Are the legs mounted to the channels with some kind of rollers or wheels, or do they have some kind of sliders?

6. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Yes that's how it works with rollers.On my conversion it was pretty easy because the frame rails on the Scrum are about 2" narrower than the hijet so I cut the cross member that the hinges mount to and welded it to my truck.This kept the whole assembly intact and every thing else was pretty simple to adapt.I still use the dump more than the scissor but it sure is nice to have.