1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC Failure

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by C3imports, Feb 24, 2009.

1. C3imports

C3imports Member

heres some shots of the failed parts, broken rod, bent rod, distroyed block, crack valve guides, bent valves. All rebuildand running very well. SC 001 (1).jpg

SC 001 (2).jpg

SC 001 (3).jpg

SC 001 (4).jpg

SC 001 (5).jpg

SC 001 (6).jpg

2. C3imports

C3imports Member

rebuild and install

engine  truck 002.jpg

engine  truck 003.jpg

engine  truck 008.jpg

engine  truck 009.jpg

engine truck 001.jpg

engine  truck 005.jpg

engine truck 006.jpg

3. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

Wow!
    Looks like a pretty big job. Any idea what happened to cause the failure?
    Glad to hear that you are back on the road:cool:.
    Jim

4. C3imports

C3imports Member

I suspect it was hydrauliced, (cracked head) judging buy the rusty #4 clyinder and rusty guides, this would of caused the bent # 3 and #4 connecting rods. It then was perhaps reved high enough for the #4 Rod to let go and then all hell broke loose. I could not find a crack in the head but with the cracked guides ( piston hit them) I decided to change out the head for a rebuit one, new (used block) new rods, new rod and main bearings, front and rear seals, Valve and springs, new clutch 1 new piston 4 sets of piston rings, honed block, new water pump, new timming belt. Took about 60 hrs at shop my pace and that means there was a couple of beers involved as well.

5. Subaru

Subaru Member

Get ready to be flogged with e-mails from guys wanting you to rebuild their engines now:frustration:

Good to see you had the heart to bring her back to life-nice job as well:)

6. Wyo Keith

Wyo Keith New Member

Where did you get your rebuild parts? Did you buy a service manual and if so, was it helpful? Do you remember the total monetary cost to rebuild your motor?
    Thanks

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow! That's quite the catastrophic failure! Kudos for getting it rebuilt.