1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Title

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Haru The Subaru, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Haru The Subaru

Haru The Subaru New Member

I live in Wisconsin and filled the paperwork to get my Sambar titled and registered for collector plates in Wisconsin. After waiting 2 months it finally arrived! When I looked at the make it says Toyota... Am I missing something? It has my VIN and all other info but says Toyota instead of Subaru. Wanted to see if anyone could give me some insight and if I need to contact the DMV to get this fixed.

2. Adam Wheeler

Adam Wheeler Active Member

Hmmm have any pictures? The only Kei truck Toyota made to my knowledge is the pixis and that was only 5 or 6 years ago. Aside from that I think they only made the larger trucks like a liteace truck or townace van. Maybe someone replaced the Subaru badge with the Toyota?

Is it rear engine?

If its on the paperwork, I would say that's an clerical error maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

3. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. If you presented legitimate paperwork, the error's on the DMV.

toddbrew likes this.
  4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

I would probably contact the DMV to have it corrected. You never know what sort of issues you, or any future buyer (if you sell it sometime later), may run into if the make does not properly match. It would be easier to fix it now than later.

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’d at least go talk to the DMV folks.

When my younger brother turned 18, I gave him a joke Garfield doll, actually just the bottom half Of a Garfield doll, Which had a tab, you could put into the trunk, and it looked like you had slammed the trunk shut on Garfield, and caught him in the mid section.

The folks gave him, Mom’s old 69 Volvo to take to college. The Cousin at the DMV, thought Garfield was hilarious, and titled the Car in both His and Garfield’s name. He thought it was funny too, and left it that way.

Ten years later, the car gets totaled, and the insurance company is insisting, that he have Garfield sign off on the title, before they will pay him for his car. No Longer Funny.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Ohkei Dohkei likes this.