1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar stuck in AWD

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by cadair7, Mar 11, 2009.

1. cadair7

cadair7 New Member

Hey guys,

My Sambar seems to be permanatly engaged in AWD. This was fine in the winter, but now spring is here and I can feel it when taking tight corners on dry pavement.

Anyone have this problem before? or advice?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Assuming your is not AWD,meaning not switchable,check the button in the shifter knob.
    I have had a few that needed lubing to free them up and worked fine after:)

3. cadair7

cadair7 New Member

Ok. Mine is AWD, but I thought the fron't wheels only turned if the back slipped?
    Shows you what I know! Not much.

Well the problem I'm having is it feels like the front wheels are binding during tight corners... and was not like this in the fall.

c

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

Not saying this is your issue,but I have seen poor/binding CV joints do this
    Once again,not saying this is your problem

5. captain_dc

captain_dc New Member

Same Problem

My Subaru is having the same problem minus the binding. I notice when I flip the switch on the shifter, there is a hissing noise down near the engine and a change in rpm.

I havn't got into the manual yet or put the machine up blocks, but if anybody can give me a heads up before I do, I sure would apreciate it.

DC

6. bobnalleweg

bobnalleweg Member

It sounds like the transfer is vacuum operated and the hissing and engine speed change are related to a vacuum leak in the actuator system.

7. captain_dc

captain_dc New Member

Thats exactly what it was, the vacume hose come off the switch, poped it back on and away I go.

DC

8. Luckydog

Luckydog Member

4X4 Button not working....

Okay, Just the other day my 4X4 button stopped working, the button itself seems to work fine(i mean it stays down when pressed) but the light on the dash doesn't light up nor does the truck go into 4X4...

Any idea's before I start freaking out!

Thanks

Adam

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

heh, usually when the vacuum hose comes off it wont go into 4wd for most vehicles like fords and chevys.

10. Luckydog

Luckydog Member

quick question...

Where do I find the hose that might have "fallen off" any idea where it attaches before I spend hours looking?

11. captain_dc

captain_dc New Member

Mine came off on the "switch" end. (the line between the carb and the dohicky that puts it in and out of 4x4, not the button that goes to the carb and make the vacume hose suck)

When I opened the top hood and stuck my head through and looked toward the front..then listned, I could hear the hissssss that led me to the hose. Mine was easy to find.

Mine was not going out of 2 wheel drive. The suction is "on" to pull out of 4x4

Sorry about the non technical terms, hope this helps.

DC

12. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We have the 4x4 switches the vacuum pot and the solenoids if you need any of them. 35 Dismantled Mintrucks instock www.minitruck.ca
    Todd

13. wainair

wainair Member

Dohicky is not a technical term?