1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Shift Knob Replacement

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by aomorisambar, Oct 10, 2013.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

I am trying to get the shift knob off on my '00 sambar van. I am planning to build a custom center consol and relocate the 4WD button into the design. I removed the screw in the front of the knob, but not sure what the two holes in the sides are (sorry I dont have any pics). I didnt really try turning it since I dont want to damage the 4WD wiring. How do I get this thing off?

2. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Not sure on yours but on a bunch of u.s. shift knobs, like ford for example, I use my heat gun and warm the knob then tap it up and off. Some have to be unscrewed........sorry I couldn't be more help. Might have to pull the 4wd wire loose at the connection and unscrew the knob.

3. If you are driving a TT2 or TT1 2000 model year there is a screw and then a barrel pin on the side of the knob. The pin goes through the shifter shaft holding it in place. First knock out the pin and the remove the stabilizing knob screw. The 4WD button simply is plugged in by two tang connectors and pops out easily.

Cheers,
    Don
    www.yokohamamotors.com
    Parts
    www.yokohamamotors.net
    Email
    parts@yokohamamotors.com

4. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Thanks Donald! What is the best way to knock out the pin, and can it be reused after removing?