1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar parts, also headache rack thing...

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Colin, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Colin

Colin Member

'90 Sambar parts:

- window crank and clip
    - headlight switch
    - gas filler door lock and key

Also... I noticed some of these other trucks (Daihatsus or Suzukis, from the looks of it) have a steel rack mounted to the back of the cab - I'd like to have one to modify and mount to my Sambar. Anyone have one for sale?

I'm talking about this thing:

[​IMG]

Colin

2. Headache rack

Colin,
    Got a suzuki and a Daihatsu rack,your choice $5 but you got to pick it up.Give us a chance to meet and compare notes,fall colors are at the peak up here.

Steve

3. Colin

Colin Member

Moose lake... hmm. You doing anything tomorrow afternoon?

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I am extremely, extremely, jealous. I'll be running the A/C in the house for another month. :mad:

5. Colin

Colin Member

I'll be running the AC in the delivery truck during my route tomorrow morning, too. It's colorful AND warm around here. :(

You're about 110 miles from me, Steve... I'm thinking of taking the Sambar up there. I've been from here (near St. Cloud) to Maple Grove in it before. :)

Colin

6. Colin,
    No good today but just about any other time. My shop is open 9-5 but call ahead so I know when to expect you.My 81 year old dad drives a subaru and he just loves it. 218-485-8154

Steve WWW.stevesautomn.com

7. Colin

Colin Member

Sounds good, man.

My main motivation for mounting the rack was to provide a platform upon which lights would be affixed, but I think I've found another solution. Last night I took the roof rack off my '94 Previa, shortened it almost four feet, narrowed it six inches, and mounted four rectangular spotlights to its front beam. I've got to drill eight holes in the roof of the Sambar, run some wires, and splice into my headlight harness. The roof lights use H3 capsules, so I could upgrade them to 100W units. That, in conjunction with the Wagner TruView headlights (pretty darned bright in their own right) should turn night into day. :)

Anyway, I'll have to pay you a visit sometime, Steve.

Colin

8. Colin,
    Be careful of over powering the trucks electrical system with to much lighting.I found 2-55watt spot lights were about all the system could handle and not drag the alt. down.Course you young bucks will figure away around this problem with some diodes!!
    Steve

WWW.stevesautomn.com

9. I have a bulkhead or cab rack for a Subaru, it came off a 1990 and Im sure will fit up to the body style change. I will take $25.00 plus shipping. I am in Missouri if you wanted to pick it up.
    Let me know.

10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Colin, you have GOT to post a picture of that! :)

Oh, and colors really just started this past weekend here in southern WIS. It was a spectacularly BE-Yooooo-Tiful weekend. :p

11. Colin

Colin Member

[​IMG]

I'll post a few more pictures later.... also some pictures of the floor coating I applied inside the cab. Gotta find some broadband before I can upload the entire album. :)

Colin

12. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Veddy Nice!