1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar mileage 55k or 155k?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by kayakbrian, Oct 10, 2017.

1. kayakbrian

kayakbrian New Member

Digging deeper into the sambar I just bought, trying to diagnose what I think is a lifter tap. (goes away when I accelerate) Some of the decisions I make on how deeply to dig into the engine moving forward depend on how many km's are actually on it. The odometer says 55k but it doesn't go any higher than 100. The interior looks like it could be 155k but I really can't tell. Anyone have any ideas for how to tell if this is a 55k or 155k van?

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

If the odometer reads straight across, it has never rolled over, if the numbers are slightly or majorly out of line it has rolled over at least once. Remember that there is only .62 miles in a km so it is possible with the age, although unlikely that it could have 200k on it

3. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

are you sure its lifter tap? ENO7 are horrible for throwout bearing noise, my 91 had only around 80,000km and sounded like a knocking diesel engine at idle and it did the same thing driving where it went away on acceleration. warm and parked clutch pedal out it knocked like crazy and clutch in noise went away

highly doubt its 155k, most ive seen on a Sambar in person is around 120k and thats a rarity