Sambar fuel pump

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Darold Ringer, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Darold Ringer

Darold Ringer New Member

Hello people a newbie here, I got a 96 Sambar, and I have a fuel pump mind boggling problem. Fuel pump, was working great, then one day, it stopped,so I put in a new one, I don’t work, It’s got two hots going in , and a ground goes out( it’s a good ground) but no work, I checked power at wires on pump plug also a it gets power, Then I notice it says 24 volt stamped on the pump, I’m stumped, need help please, I can pretty much hold my own at mech stuff, but wiring makes me go blank

2. blastercheese

blastercheese Member

Just had this problem with mine. Is yours supercharged if so the pump has to operate at ~45 psi. No clue on the carb version but what is possibly happening is the vehicle is still getting fuel starved. I have see on the forums that some carb users have had to obtain/rebuild carbs which could also be the issue if yours is the carb version.

The pump I got from autoparts for my supercharged subaru sambar is "Precision 35 GPH Fuel Pump - E16098" if that is what you need. Once again no clue on carb version. Hope that helps.

3. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

If their pump has 2 hots and a ground, then it is a carby model and the Precision pump will *not* work for them.

The carby model needs a low pressure pump for sure. It also needs those two hot wires connected to each other, as one feeds the coil. If the new pump says 24V, then it is the wrong model. Where did you get it from?