1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar cupholder??

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by BLES, Dec 7, 2007.

1. BLES

BLES Member

I just noticed... on the front side of the floor shift console, there's a little thing that flips down but it's just a little flat panel. Is it supposed to be a cupholder or something? Am I missing some parts? Or, is it something different altogether?
    BLES

2. BLES

BLES Member

So has no one got this little "thing" in front of the shifter in their Sambar??
    BLES

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

I have it and was eagerly awaiting the collective wisdom!

4. BLES

BLES Member

So yours is just the same.... there but doesn't do anything and looks like it's missing parts?
    BLES

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

yes. Looks too flimsy to hold anything and there doesn't appear to be anything behind it that needs accessing....

6. Colin

Colin Member

Mine's got it, too.

It looks like it's meant to hold a registration card or something, doesn't it?

7. Colin

Colin Member

Oh, and I use that little cubby hole thing behind the handbrake for a cup holder. It holds a can of Dr. Pepper or a cup from Wendy's (filled with Dr. Pepper) quite nicely. :)

(The Wendy's drive-through lane can be kinda of tricky if the server doesn't want to play nice with the RHD and lean out the window to hand you the food, by the way. :D)

Colin

8. frostback

frostback Member

If you think drivethroughs are tough in a minitruck you should give it a try in a bigger RHD vehicle! I'm driving an Isuzu Elf dumptruck until I pick up the Sambar on Monday. The Elf gets an amazing 25mpg+ for a 2ton dumptruck!

9. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

You mean you don't drive through backwards? :D :p

Wonko likes this.
  10. Midway

Midway Member

Colin, get you one of those exstined grabers they make for old fokes so you dont have to lean so far.:) :)

11. Colin

Colin Member

OH MAN!!! A trash-picker-upper! I'm going to do it! :D

Frostback - how does an Elf fit through a drive-through? That thing looks like it's about the size of an NPR!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  12. frostback

frostback Member

This Elf is quite a bit narrower than an NPR. A minitruck fits perfectly in the bed. I'm going to get some pics of it soon as I get it cleaned up. It's been my daily driver for the last couple months and I will miss it after the Sambar gets here. :D

13. Colin

Colin Member

Nice. Do you have the cool glass door on the left side? :)

14. shreddog

shreddog Member

so what is that thing anyways?
    found mine!

15. Colin

Colin Member

I still think it's meant to hold a registration card or proof of insurance. There are little tabs near the edges.

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol i want to see a k in the back of a elf :p

17. prdjim

prdjim Member

It's a step so you can reach up and change the interior light bulb. Kinda like the step some subarus have behind the driver's door, you know the one that's 5 inches off the ground that you cant fit a size nine boot into.:sly:

Jim
    www.minitruckoutlet.com

18. Colin

Colin Member

Haha! I know exactly which step you're talking about on the side of the box! I hook the end of my ratchet strap in there when I'm hauling stuff. :D

19. teeshka

teeshka Member

Bles, I found a couple of Japanese gas credit cards in that little door.

20. BLES

BLES Member

At five bucks a gallon, I wouldn't mind finding a few gas cards, too! I'd also like to find the guys that say these trucks get great mileage! :D I find unless you're just idling around, they get about the same as the Ford Rangers I've had. Don't get the looks for advertising purposes with a Ranger though!!
    BLES

21. shreddog

shreddog Member

compared to my v8 its a dream for gas. still takes the needle down quick though. but filling up is $35 instead of $150!

But i had expected even better. May have to modify to fred flintsone's setup.
    Any of the site sponsors selling that kit yet?

22. prdjim

prdjim Member

Meet the Flintstones

It's funny, the Flintstone reference. We were just laughing about the video of my kids driving a mini truck, and in the vid, my wife asked if my daughter was doing the pedalling. (She was referring to ... who is working the pedals...) Not 20 minutes ago I was saying to my wife "people are gonna think we're the Flintstones here if you keep asking who is pedalling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MAV7bgIFM

23. polarbomber

polarbomber New Member

the new 2010 acty web page shows a business card holder on right side of windscreen , maybe its fot these ?