1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sambar clutch replacement

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar References' started by White Rabbit, Nov 20, 2010.

1. White Rabbit

White Rabbit New Member

Hi all,

In the summer I went on a little road trip in my '91 Sambar Dias II KV4, and when I reached my destination, after returning to city road speed down from highway speed, I noticed that my clutch was slipping. I couldn't do anything about it at the time so I finished up the trip and drove it home. Soon after the insurance lapsed so I let it go until I could afford to do the clutch.

I am not a mechanic, but for some reason I decided to try my hand at doing the clutch myself. I have acquired James Danko's service manual and the clutch kit, and now I'm just waiting for a slightly more agreeable weather pattern before I try to tackle the job.

My only question for all of you is: any advice? I am jumping in head first, with nothing more than a manual and a friend with only slightly more knowledge than I in matters mechanical, so any helpful hints from people who've been through this before would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ben