1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Clover Spark Plug Socket

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Randal Sue Bee, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Randal Sue Bee

Randal Sue Bee New Member

I searched, but didn't reveal anything on this. This is day 3 of having a '95 Sambar Dump.

I want to pull the plugs, and it looks like a deep narrow hole, I don't want to get a socket stuck in there. Does it take a special socket to get them out? (I saw such on a Mini store site.)

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Randal,
    I used a 21 mm deep well socket on mine, 3/8 drive! You could just rob a soft rubber insert from another spark plug socket if you'd like, just so you keep it straight and don't break off the porcelain part of the plug! Guy's have been known to do it, getting too aggressive, removing their plugs. I think somewhere, there might be an expensive mini truck spark plug wrench, but it's not needed! Good Luck! Let Us know how you did!
    Limestone

3. Randal Sue Bee

Randal Sue Bee New Member

Awesome, thanks! Should I start another thread to go into my non-starting? I want to pull plugs to see if I'm flooded.

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Sure! We welcome it here! Remember, no questions are wrong, or stupid! A lot of good people helping out here!
    Limestone

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Try to do seperate topics, and keep threads from drifting. there is a lot of valuable information effectively lost becasue folks let the threads wander of topic.

Limestone likes this.
  6. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

My regular ole craftsman(lowes) spark plug socket for that size plug fits no problem.

rkrenicki likes this.
  7. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

1990-2012 Sambars use NGK BKR5E-11 spark plugs from the factory. They are a standard 5/8" (16mm) spark plug, so the narrower of the two common spark plug sockets available here in the US. I have some generic plug socket that came in a $5 socket set years ago and it works just fine for me.

Randal Sue Bee likes this.