1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S83P manual & EF-CS Engine

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jody, Oct 25, 2009.

1. jody

jody Member

I purchased the maunual from Lulu that said it covered the S83P but it doesn't. (Link found on this site Also I have an EF-CS engine that I can't find any info on. I would really like to acquire a manual on my truck and any info or direction is appreciated. What is the difference with the EF-CS engine? It's a 1993 Hijet jumbo.
    Thanks

2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

best i can tell all EF motors are based on the same blocks, so many parts interchange. it looks like they put it in many cars and trucks .

3. getabitlit

getabitlit Member

Check out www.minitruckcentral.com , there a sponsor of the site and have lots of manuals for free viewing. It doesn't look like your allowed to download or print.

Havn't gone through them thoroughly but a quick skim, they look pretty complete.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. antfarmer

antfarmer Member

'minitruckcentral.com' site is down for maintenance, ostensibly. Does anyone know if that site has been down a long time, if it will ever be back, and if the on line manuals are mirrored any other place?
    Thank you

5. Jdp

Jdp New Member

I know this is a old thread but could anyone point me to where I could download or purchase a manual for the s83p with a EF-CS engine?

6. shogun

shogun Active Member

7. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson Member

Seems as though for our S82-83P models with the EF-CS motors we are in for bad luck with manuals specifically for that engine... The G&R manual does in fact not cover this exact motor even though it says it should. Best bet at this point is to try Buyee Japan or Yahoo Japan or maybe even Ebay.

8. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I had the same hard time finding manuals, for mine a few yrs back.
    Seams to me, besides the parts getting harder to find, the manuals are a chore.
    Between advice from Jigs, and other members, and several hrs. of searching the web, and Ebay,
    I was able to finally find enough info, or manuals to help me! It's very time consuming
    and not like the older days when I would go to a Motors, or Chillton's Manual,
    (before the Internet), and you could find things, including Specs. pretty regularly .
    It can get pretty Frustrating, and Again, Time Consuming!
    Good Luck!
    Limestone

9. Jdp

Jdp New Member

10. Jdp

Jdp New Member

I found a manual on ebay stating its for a S83. Probably a dumb question but just want to be sure because I have seen this elsewhere. Is there a difference in a S83 and S83P? Or is it the same vehicle? Or if they are different at the least would it have a EF-CS engine?