1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S83P Clutch Kit questions

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by MotorMike76, Feb 12, 2020.

1. MotorMike76

MotorMike76 New Member

Ok, so I'm pretty sure my Jumbo needs a new clutch. My questions are: Of those that have done this, how many have had to use the whole kit (bearing, pressure plate, clutch plate) vs just needed a new clutch plate? How about needing to resurface the fly wheel? Lastly, do any of these clutch kits come with an alignment tool? I've only ever replace a clutch once and the advice I got from my dad about not spending $ on an alignment tool turned out to be a mistake. I guess things had changed from the mid 60's when he had last changed a clutch. Now here I am, 25 years later, deciding that an alignment tool is pretty much a need, but have been unable to find one. Let me know what you have found and what your experiences are.

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

Get a kit. Not sure on the alignment tool but most kits seem to come with a plastic alignment tool. I have used a socket on an extension as an alignment tool and eyeballing it.