1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S81P Left drive 550 cross references

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by me3, Dec 16, 2008.

1. me3

me3 New Member

Hi,

I have a left hand drive s81p 550 I believe to be a 1988 and I am having problems finding parts info for. In the process of trying to find crosses for various parts I have found that the points cross to wells JA13 and the valve stem seals cross to beck arnley 022-1572 which also happen to be for a 1988
    daihatsu charade. I thought maybe we could all post whatever cross references we come accross in this post. Please add anything you might have.

Thanks,
    David.

2. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

Do you have a parts breakdown for your rig?

If so, Reed Equipment in Stockton or Modesto, Ca has or can get all the parts you need. They stock a lot of them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  3. Longmtnman

Longmtnman New Member

S81 550 air filter

NAPA has the cylindrical air filter for the S81 550cc. It is NAPA # 6257. If they sold horsepower as cheap...
    I'm looking for a thermostat for the 550. Anybody have a cross referenced #?

4. beerwagon

beerwagon New Member

i need a fuel pump for 87 hi jet 550 any one thanks

5. milky

milky New Member

eb60 550 cc thermostat number:

180 deg #143-0694

190 deg #143-0727

gasket # 039-0092

beck/arnley

apparently can be ordered at orielly or murrays etc.

6. Wyldeman

Wyldeman New Member

Oil Filter ..DuGHHHHHH

Ok ...I have been reading post after post and using the search...Please tell me the filer #'S for a 92 LHD Hyjet Jumbo S80LP..550
    I need to change the oil , air, Spark plugs, Points.....just a over all tune up.
    FORGIVE ME if i have failed to find these on my own.
    I just got this truck and have been trying to get it up and running good. Got the Sea Foam In the tank and going to drive in as so to run some fuel through it. Have the tranny mod done and on my way to New tires and a lift.
    Thanks in advance
    Wyldeman

7. Wyldeman

Wyldeman New Member

I put a new Alternator on my S80LP.. Denso Part# 100211-1680
    It mounts up exactly like the OEM...the OEM was a 40 amp i believe this is a 65.
    It was a few bucks more but i like accessorizes!!!!

8. Wyldeman

Wyldeman New Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  9. zeaky

zeaky New Member

Spark cables from a chevy sprint 1987 work... the main coil cable is about an inch too short so you may have to shift your coil around to face it so that it reaches. Other than that she's good to go.

10. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

good find:)

11. sherlock2002

sherlock2002 New Member

What's Going On Here!

Looking for some info on cross parts for Daihatsu and find links to Jordan shoes and robot vacuum cleaner led writing board baby pram.
    What's going on! Can we stop this getting into our truck site??:mad:
    Sherlock

12. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Sherlock. Notice the yield sign with exclamation mark on the top right corner of the post? That is a button to report spam or bad posts to the mods. Just click it and type a short description of the problem. (IE Spam)

Then it will be taken care of. (Ok, you dont need to do it now, because I already did)

13. Tennessean

Tennessean New Member

Thanks to all for the great info. Wells JA13 points are a perfect fit for my S81P 550cc. They are available on eBay for just a few dollars. BTW, I could never find the gap setting on the site so I checked an old Toyota truck manual and the points were set to .018 in. on everything listed. I used that setting and it works very well.

14. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Hitch/receivers needed

:cool:Fupabox,

I'm back!

I need to find a source for 1994 s-80 lefthand re-habilitated Parks Service machine front and rear trailer hitch receivers.
    And its gotta be cheep!

One place I've found the cost per item was $300.+.

I know you have someone who you can direct me to.

Thanks,:pop:

Nemo