1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S80 Series carb solenoid

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Jigs-n-fixtures, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Not sure either, it doesn't look like mine, but as hard as they are to find,
    it's probably worth a try, as long as it screws in, and is the correct length,
    I don't see why it wouldn't work!
    Limestone

3. ERINSON DURAN

ERINSON DURAN Member

I have a Kia Towner which is the same as Daihatsu Hijet from 1994 to 2000. Many parts are interchangeable between the two between the years mentioned above. I was having a lot of difficulties getting the truck to idle right coming to a stop, I got a new carburetor from EBay and the problem didn't go away. A few days later I figured out that the idle solenoid that goes on top of the carburetor was bad (I swapped it from the old carb to the new one because the one from EBay came without it) I started looking for one but it cost more $ than the new carburetor . Later I found one that looked very similar at an old Toyota's online store and got one for $14.95 . Put it to the truck and problem solved, Thanks GOD because it was driving me crazy. Oh I ordered a second one for my old carburetor since that was the problem of it. Here is the link https://cruisercorps.com/products/throttle-idle-solenoid

fmartin_gila likes this.
  4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Please go into your profile and add the info on your rig in your signature. It makes it lots easy