1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S510P speed limiter

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Ed H, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Ed H

Ed H New Member

Searched but nothing comes up for something this new. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Ed

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

3. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Contact us if you have limiter questions on the s510p limiter.

4. Bruce Sutta

Bruce Sutta New Member

how do we contact you for information on the s510p limiter removal/bypass

5. Don O

Don O New Member Supporting Member

Bruce,

I just bought a 2018 Sambar and had the same question. Did some homework. The speed limiter on mine is located directly behind the speedo, hard to get to. I could see it with a bore scope from an opening after I removed the master cylinder cover on the upper right of the dash. It had the same wire coloring as the pic below. The power for it was the red wire and the installer, thankfully, put in an inline fuse which was accessible right under the lower dash. I removed the fuse. That disabled it but I still had to jumper around the relay that it controlled to kill the fuel pump. That relay was just inside the mid lower dash fuse box. The green wire activated the relay. It was obvious to see the fuel pump wire they cut to put the relay in. I simply cut those 2 wires and soldered/shrink tubed them back together. No more speed limiter.
    Don
    IMG_9781.jpeg

6. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member