1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S110V Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by allen0288, Nov 1, 2013.

1. allen0288

allen0288 Member

Lets try this again. I have a 1995 S110V Hijet MicroVan. I can go out at just about any time and turn the key and it will fire up after 2 cranks and run like a champ. After it has been driven a few miles it will start running rough. If I make the mistake of letting it die it will not start for at least 30 min to an hour. In recent months I have: replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, plug wires, dropped and cleaned the fuel tank and sock filter. Now for another twist, this van is fuel injected and most experts say that they did not make fuel injection available until 97. But this is a factory installed fuel injection motor. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:frustration:

2. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

It is possible that you have a problem with the ignitor or ignition module inside the distributor on your daihatsu hijet.
    The module can miss or not fire when it gets hot. Then it will be ok when it cools down.
    parts available online http://www.minitruck.ca/mini-truck-parts

3. threepot

threepot New Member

I have some original Daihatsu Dealer test data sheets for the igniter units, coil packs and other bits for your model series.

So before you go randomly swapping parts after parts - if you can use a multimeter or know a mate who can, then I am happy to scan the relevant pages for you.

If I don't reply (as I rarely come on this forum), just email me on admin@daihatsuhijet.co.uk which I check a good few times a day.

Good luck, and keep faith, and half the time ignore what common mechanics tell you as Hijets are funny business - but very easy to fix most of the time with a well targeted approach.