1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S110P, Front CV Boot Replacement, tips?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Jigs-n-fixtures, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I need to replace the cv boots on my S110. Anyone have tips and tricks to share? Any, problem spots, special tools, etc., I need to be aware of before I tear into it?

Thanks, Jigs.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

When I did the boots on my Scrum I had trouble finding them at a reasonable price so I went to a local ATV shop and they ordered me a universal set that fit perfect and are still going. I know this is off topic but just a FYI in case you're having same problems.

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jigs,
    I didn't re place my Rubber Boots, but I did roll them back, and re pack the CV'S with Ant Friction Wheel Bearing Grease! Then re installed the Rubber Boots, and using Stain less steel Zip Ties from Ace Hardware, I re Zip tied the Existing Boots!
    Limestone

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

One of the outer boots is torn completely, and the other is cracked. So, I ordered two full kits to replace them. The S110P did a mid year change, and went from an inner boot stamped with 71LAC on the inner CV joint, to one with 75LAC stamped on it. Only way to tell on mine is to take it apart clean it up and look.

Just trying to find out if anybody has any advice, or knows of any idiosyncrasies I need to be aware of before I dive in.

5. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Take the shafts out , remove the inner joints and boots and leave the outer units alone cut off the boot , clean the joint , repack and slide the boot on from the other end . I worked on a s110p and for the life of me I could not get the star for the out joint off the shaft . I tried everything but couldn’t get the snap ring inside to compress . I ended up cutting the star off with a whiz wheel . It needed a new outer CV joint as it blew out the cage and castrated it self . I went to replace the other side boot and it was not budging ether and was planning on replacing all the cv boots so I just removed the inner cv as it came right off and didn’t screw with the other end other then cleaning,repacking and installing the boot while it was together