1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s110 p rear diff seal

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by john brown, Sep 3, 2020.

1. john brown

john brown New Member

Hello all. i own a 1995 hijet and for some odd reason, i can't find any info anywhere with regards
    to the rear diff pinion seal. mine leaks. anyone help please?

Juju1187 likes this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I think there is a flange, held by one nut. Undo the nut, and use a gear puller to pull the flange off. This will expose the seal. Use a seal puller to pull it out.

Now for the hard part, identify the seal. then buy a new one and install it.

Juju1187 likes this.
  3. ttc

ttc Active Member

90043-11310-000

Juju1187 and Limestone like this.
  4. ttc

ttc Active Member

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

And when you have the flange out check teh outside of it, where it goes through the seal, to see if it has a groove in it. sometimes after lots of miles they and the seal both wear and the leak develops.

I’d pull it first to see. But if the guys who listed parts numbers can get numbers for it, you might want to order one.

Juju1187 likes this.
  6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jigs, is it possible to replace that flange? Or is that not needed with the new seal?

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

I’ve only ever needed to replace the flange once, and that was on an old F1 Ford. But that seal is down in the constant dust, and if it starts to weep a bit of oil, I’d expect that it will grab the dust/grit, and start to wear.

I know that the front seal on the torsion dampener Of many engines, frequently develops the wear ring, and won’t seal even with a new seal installed. For the dampeners they sell a chromed sleeve which slides over the snout and gives you a good clean surface again. On my venerable Toyota Hilux, with the 20R engine, it developed an oil leak about once every 80-kmiles, and I had to install the two of the sleeves on it.

8. Limestone

Gotchya! Good info!

9. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Speedy Sleeves can be found in many different sizes and can be used in most any application where a seal has worn a groove. Just be very careful and pay close attention to the instructions when installing them as they are a bit touchy to install. I have used them many times in the past.

Fred

10. Limestone

I agree Fred, I've had good luck with the Speedy sleeves!