1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S100 timing belt and valve adjustment

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by parashootist, May 31, 2021.

1. parashootist

parashootist New Member

I'd like to do the timing belt and adjust the valves on the 1996 S100V I recently purchased. I got a belt and tensioner in this weekend but have been unable to find any how to's out there. Is there any English service manual or a how to out there that can give some guidance? The van only has 37,000km but I assume the timing belt is original and the valves have probably never been checked. It's a bit hard starting so I'm hoping a valve adjustment helps with that.

Thanks!

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

I cannot find online detailed info.
    I suggest you invest in this: Daihatsu English Factory Service Manual Full Version By James L. Danko $69.69 https://www.lulu.com/shop/james-l-d...rback/product-1w448d82.html?page=1&pageSize=4
    S83-S100-S110-S120-S130-S140 660cc Series: This is the new full mechanical version loaded with hundreds of easy to follow picture diagrams and explanations written in plain and easy to understand English.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Danko’s manual isn’t great, but it is the best available. If you have some experience with wrenching on cars, and troubleshooting. You can figure out most of the stuff left out of Danko”s manual.

And, there are enough guys around here to give you advice on the bits which aren’t in the book. Like the strange carburetor. The van will be a bit harder to work on than my pick-tipper, just because of the limited access.