1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

runs rough

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by badfuffy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. badfuffy

badfuffy Guest

i have 1998 daihatsu .. use to run and idle refectly, but recently started to idle rough and smoke a little bit of blue smoke.. dont know where the fuel filter is or if bad gas would cause blue smoke .. any suggestions appreciated. thanx:

2. myhijet

myhijet Member

rough idle

I have a 97 smurf hijet. The air cleaner was letting dirt through. The engine would barely idle. I took the flex tube off between air box and carb. The butterfly was coated with dirt. I washed it off with wd40 or something. Blew it out with air and was fixed.

3. myhijet

myhijet Member

I forgot I had a new filter out in the cab. the napa number is 2036. It is 1/4 inch or so shorter. I just put some fiberglass resin in the lid to make it fit. Let it cure before reassembling.

4. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

my fuel filter was a bit behind the motor. i had to take the air filter assembly off to get to it.

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I'm going to have to check this out myself. Mine has been a PITA on keeping an idle adjustment.