1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running warm

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by chaseoe, Apr 12, 2012.

1. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

i have a 1995 daihatsu jumbo cab 550cc and the temp gauge goes like half an inche from h and and i think because the finns rotted on the rad and fell out would that make it run warm? where can i get a cheaper one?

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

the fins are extremely important in transferring heat from the rad to the air rushing around it...if it is otherwise in good shape you may be able to get it refinned

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a factory cheaper one.
    If you are a DIY"er try a flush kit and while you are at it check your thermostat. Make sure your cooling fan is coming on. A good working cooling system should run about half way. Not long ago I had a Daihatsu doing the same thing and I had the radiator chemically cleaned. It was about 80% stopped up with junk and goo. it worked great after that.
    I just looked at ebay and holly smoke they have some radiators that are priced right.
    type in ".Daihatsu Hijet Radiator"

4. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

it doesnt have to be factory it can be from a car.
    a geo metro one is close but the junkyard only has one and it was bad and the rest of the cars were different.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

well i got a new full aluminum radiator and it still runs hot and when it warms up you can see the fuild move.could the thermostat close when its warm or something?

6. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

What could it be please help.

Last edited: May 19, 2012