1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running at 80kh

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by installater, Nov 23, 2019.

1. installater

installater Active Member

New to these mini trucks, changed all fluids finally. Have been
    driving it around where I live to check for leaks and getting the
    feel for it's handling and such, my ? is how do they handle when
    semis go by at 60mph .
    I live 13mls. off a state hwy. and then it's another 17mls. on there
    to a small town where I can take roads less used. These are all 2
    lane rds. Getting comfortable with 80km, the little truck still has
    more in her.
    My everyday vehicle is a F350 Dually.
    And also how long can they run at 80 plus km
    All feed back appreciated
    Thanks
    Brian

2. Reticent Sage

Reticent Sage New Member

It does depend on the make and model. I've got a Sambar and as far as versatility goes its got a high street-ability factor. I've personally run my Subie fully loaded coming back from college at a speed 80-90 KMH for 6 hrs. Doing 80 KMH I'm sure you could easily go for 3 hrs at least. As far as wind flow with Tractors pulling, I really did'nt feel too much drag. Just stick to the right and you should be golden.

3. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I had a 5spd Carry. In slick/ slush ice conditions, a truck going by could actually pull the my truck over into the oncoming lane like it was on casters. That was with Nokian Hakapalitta R2 snow tires. happened a few times but I got used to it and could correct for it. Otherwise you don't feel unstable in it.

My Carry at 80 KMH is when I shifted into 5th gear, because I usually ran 90-95 KMH. It would do 100 without an issue. I daily drove it

4. 509er

509er New Member

I have a '92 DD51B Carry Dump. Have had it on the highway at steady 60mph (100kmh). I have all season radials on it. They rev very high but my understanding is this what they were designed to do so don't worry about it.