1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubber Bed Rail Caps & Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by dpsrmag, May 2, 2009.

1. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

Anyone have a source for the Rubber U shapped bed tail gate and side gate top caps or OEM heavy rubber floor mats for S210P Hijets. I have checked with most of the sponcers with no luck.

Found several dealers that could get the diamond steel caps, but I'm looking for the rubber kind.

2. project_x

project_x Member

Did you ever have any luck?

3. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

mats & rail covers

I gave up on the rails and made some covers from diamond steel. While I was there I went ahead and made some side and back gate trim. I thought it dressed it up a lot. Put those on with stainless pop rivets.

As to the mats: I picked up a very Heavy tractor tire tube and cut it to cover the old existing floor mats. Then I used contact cement for rubber to stick it to the old mats. About like putting a giant patch on a tube.

I have several Hijets. None of them have a complete set of decals. I took a digital camera and took pictures of all of the decals and doctored them up using PhotoShop. Then I printed them onto clear one side sticky paper using a color laser printer. I used some finishing spray kinda like clear lacquer that my wife had to finish them. Cut them out and stuck them on.

The decals shown on the back were all made by me. I'm happy and I will be happy to share the decal file for late model Daihatsu Hijets if anyone is interested.

Of the ones that I have, this one is my "dress truck" ...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      226.9 KB
      Views:
  4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Nice truck.

5. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

I have an extra set of diamond plate bed rail caps for a Hijet s210P. My cost was about $100.00. I will sell for that price plus shipping. Same rail caps as those on my truck pictured in this thread. Note - this is for rail caps for two sides and a back. Does not include the panel covers.