1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPMs...

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by gumballf355, Jul 5, 2008.

1. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

Anyone know how much these little 660cc engines rev to? Now that i got it going at highway speeds I want to have a rev counter and I should probably figure out where to set the redline to roughly since now I don't have a speed limiter.

Writeups to install Rev counters and speedos? I was contemplating getting a G-Tech Pro.

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

the hardest part is finding a tach that will work on a 3 cylinder engine. most are for 4-6-8 cylinders. once you hav a tach you don't need a speedo. you can find an online gaer ration calculator that will give you your speed at any rpm based on tire diameter, transmision gear ratio and final drive ratio.

these trucks rev like sport bikes, i run the crap out of mine and haven't hit a rev limiter yet, even at speeds over 140kph.

3. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

4. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Daihatsu removed the info for these engines from their web site. Anyone save it?

-Greg

6. myhijet

myhijet Member

Some motorcycles run 3 cyl. Anyone have knowledge that might be usefull?

7. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Is it really only 5800? I'm running over 6000rpm at only 110 km/h.....

8. Mighty Milt

holy crap, i don't want to know what i'm twisting at 140K :eek:

i don't have a tach, but i thought it sounded like it was wound up pretty tight sometimes.... that link is for industrial engines, not for the truck engines. while the displacement may be the same it would be like comparing the a 350cid in a chevy truck to the same displacement 350 in an IROC... different cams, carburation and such would require better valve springs to allow a higher revving engine.

i built VW engines that would rev well beyond 9000 rpm :D i had to run chevy small block springs on them to keep the valves in check.

9. greg0187

The link did have info for the EF-VE engine, It was considered an industrial engine. It had all kinds of info including hp, torq, dyno graphs and now its gone. I wish I had saved it. :frustration: It claimed peak HP RPM to be around 5800.

-Greg

10. Mighty Milt

i've got a gear calculator that will give specific rpm for mph based on trans gear ratio, rear end gear ratio and tire size if that's any help... you can probably find them on the internet too. i just haven't been able to nail down the gear ratios anywhere on the web or in my owner's manual.

11. greg0187

Yep, All the info on the 2WD and 4WD tranny was on the site as well.

12. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

When I click on that link, then click "showroom" it brings me to a page with the dyno charts, etc. for the EF series engine. Is that not what you are looking for?

13. greg0187

Its back! WooHoo. I'm saving it this time.

-Greg

14. Mighty Milt

can you post the direct url to the info?

15. greg0187