1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rpm's

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by RICAHRDT, Mar 20, 2008.

1. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

What is a good rpm to run these little 660cc engine at? seems like i'm over rev'n all the time. And has anyone had trouble with the grill cover, that comes off to access the radiator,come loose? mind seems to hang off after a ruff and tumble ride. any suggestions there?:cool:

2. pepci

pepci Member

Sounds liike you need some new clips for the ends as well as the little ones in the middle of the grill piece. There are some knobs under the dash on each side that you turn so that the grill can be removed easily,if they are not they get broken and you have the problem you are having.You may have to fabricate a new way for your own. Hope this helps. As for the RPM I have not had any trouble overevving my trucks.

3. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

re- rpms

YEa i was thinkin bout head to lowes r a hardware store and look ing around for some kinds of riggin. yes, most of my plastic clips are broken. So what RPM's do you run your truck in lets say 2nd gear BEFORE you shift into 3rd etc.. etc... I have a tach. But it seems like to me, i'm over reving to get into 4th just to make the speed without booging her down. Ya know
    Thanks

4. pepci

pepci Member

I don't have a tach so am not sure what RPM mine is, sorry. I haven't killed it yet though.lol

5. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

we can help with the clip problem...call our parts number 573-204-7984 talk to Derek. He can help you out. While you got him on the phone ask him about the rpm's he can more than likely get you that answer as well

6. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

Thanks, i'll do just that after easter