1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rpm tacho install

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Kei3DO, May 4, 2022.

1. Kei3DO

Kei3DO New Member

Hey everyone, new minicab owner here. I tried searching the forum for answers but got lost in the sauce or came up short. My question is if anyone could give me a hint as to where to start with tacho wiring for the signal wire. Says on the packaging to use the coil negative, which I'm assuming is the black pack under the passenger seat that leads to the center of the distributor. Sorry if this post is redundant, just checking with any experienced mini owners before I go poking around. Thanks.

CoopsMGould likes this.
  2. Kei3DO

Kei3DO New Member

Ok so I got the RPM tachometer. Here's how I done it:
    *Note you can wire the 12v up however you want. This is just what was convenient for me*

I wired the 12v lines to the ant continuous power from my stereo (keeps me from messing with the ignition wiring)

Then I used the same ground as my stereo for ground.

Afterwards I put a long wire through the cab from the tach for the signal and wired it to the white wire on the coil pack (plug is accessible to the left side of the stock battery location.

Hope this helps. 1996 Mitsubishi Minicab 3G83 Tachometer install. Tach link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-52mm-Tac...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Shawnimal and CoopsMGould like this.
  3. CoopsMGould

CoopsMGould New Member

Thumbs up for this, worked great on my Minicab and only took a few minutes.

Kei3DO likes this.