1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM limiters

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Dan, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Is there an RPM limiter on any of your minis?

I've overcome two of the three limitations on my mini's and i am currently stumped with the RPM's. just as its starts to really sing and is still pulling strong, it falls on its face and is studdering the - side of the coil circuit until rpm's drop. I am not running a tach yet, but i think its dropping off around 5k and i think its probably good for another two+???I wanna hear it scream.
    Any electronics guru's amid us?? I know its probably going to save the motor from grenading in the middle of the desert but, i can't quit now... almost ready to go tear up the dunes.

2. ibkg

ibkg Member

I can tell you Dan mine does also start to have a fit around 5k due to the rpm limiter and I know the the 4th gear being blocked out was the second limitation but what is the third limitation on these trucks?

3. Dan

Dan Member

There is a speed sensor in the instrument cluster (reed switch) on the speedometer.

rpm limiter built in to the ignition system

and 4th gear is disabled

4. ibkg

ibkg Member

Thanks for clearing that up Dan right now my truck is still 3 for 3 as far as limiters hopefully that will change in the near future.

5. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Hey Dan- We take our trucks out to dumont dunes all the time--- we'll see ya out there!!! Sorry for the hijack:)- but I saw that you are in Vegas and assume you go to Dumont. Come say Hi if you see us out there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Dan

Dan Member

Absolutely! I'll keep my eyes open while i'm out

How do the tracks perform in the sand? Can you get lively with it or is it more a crawler?
    great looking truck either way. I'll bet it draws a lot of attention...

7. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Are the tracks good in climbing hills?

Sam