1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM limiter

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by warren farmer, Jul 25, 2018.

1. warren farmer

warren farmer New Member

Still trying to learn about this DB51T. Power seems low in 2nd and 3rd gear. Speed will plateau out in both these gears without engine revving on up. Low power in 4th going up hills. Runs fine on flat road @ 75 km/hr. These things have a governor or some rpm
    Limiter? Or is this normal? Any help is appreciated since I’m trying to learn. Thanks.

2. Ran440

Ran440 Member

That sounds more like your engine need service than a limiter. How many km are on the engine? Last tune up?

3. warren farmer

warren farmer New Member

61,000 km, just got the truck, no record of last tuneup.

4. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Since your at 61,000 km without records you should also consider replacing the timing belt which is supposed to be replaced at 40,000 km intervals.
    These are interference engines. Breaking a belt could result in bent valves.
    As far as power goes keep in mind you got a 3 cylinder 660 cc power plant not a Power Stroke diesel. :)

5. My 2017 Suzuki was set to max out around 73kph. Sometimes the board would fail and it would do 90kph plus. Found a site called IA Tuning. Ordered a KPH to MPH Speedo Converter and spliced it into the signal wire on transmission. Crazy but this thing worked as advertised. It switched the signal to MPH so now when I'm doing 40 mph it reads like 42 on my speedometer which is of course in kPH. The other thing that it does is changes the odometer from kilometers to miles which is even crazier. I have an automatic transmission so my shift points are now higher but other than that this thing is the bomb. The part my invoice says is a e0021, Subaru KPH to MPH Speedo Convertor. Total cost 78.27. No guarantee when I bought it but it works great. Have had it up to 65mph (used MPH app) wouldn't recommend it but wanted to see what it would do.