1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Racks and Baskets.

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Jigs-n-fixtures, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Looking through the posts in the “What did you do today” thread. I noticed that Tuskano has a roof rack on his truck. And, I’ve been thinking of adding one for a while now.

So, who has one, and what info can you provide, such as: brand, mounting system, etc., and as always pictures help.

2. Mike farrell

Mike farrell New Member

I also am looking for a rack for my Subaru Sambar

Mike

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Tuskano posted a link to a Japanese site that had them in the What did you do today thread.
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?tl=410686&k=hijet&l-id=search_regular

They list a few for the Sambar.

I’m going to make one out of some aluminum extrusion, and mount it with some Yakima components. But it will have to wait for spring. I don’t want to work on it until the warm up.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Tuskano likes this.
  4. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Lol sorry. Realized just now I could have posted it here too after replying to you on that other thread. Didn't realize you made another lol.

You can't put anything really heavy (at least the one I have) as its top weight cap is like 77lbs (sticker if I recall said 35kg). But it is good enough for a spare tire or a tool bag/gas can!

5. almostcammy

almostcammy New Member

On my Acty I'm using Thule 300 rain gutter feet and Thule rectangular bars. I'm also using the old-school 555 fairing. Fits and works great. I'm probably going to modify a trailer hitch basket meant for an ATV to work as a roof basket.

[​IMG]

6. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Now that's cool! I once tried a Thule roof rack on my truck... the one I tried was still too big and it is still sitting folded up for a sale or future build lol