1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rims for snow tires

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Ichabod, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

I want to get a cheap (A trip to the wrecker) set of rims for some snow tires this winter . Are there any other makes of cars that have rims that will fit? ie: Subaru Justy?

As for tires, so far I have found Hankook Zovac W401 - 155R12 16 Q for $55.99 CDN at 1010tires.com

Thanks
    Ichabod

2. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

rims

If it helps the lug pattern is 4/100. You may be able to get some advice/supply from your local tire shop once you have the pattern. Otherwise I have take-off steel rims for $20 plus freight.

3. subiemech85

subiemech85 New Member

4 on 100mm (3.93")
    Acura - Integra to '89
    Audi - most models to '89
    Audi Fox
    BMW 1600, 2002
    BMW - 2002, 300-series to '89
    Chevy - Chevette '76-'87
    - Spectrum, Nova '80-'89
    Dodge - Omni, Rampage, Aries, 024 '79-'85
    - Charger, Daytona (FWD) '82-'89
    Honda - all (except '76-'80 Accord, Civic) to '89
    Isuzu - Impulse, I-Mark to '89
    Nissan - Pulsar, Sentra '87-'89
    Opel Kadett
    Plymouth - Horizon, TC3, Reliant, Voyager '78-'89
    Renault - all to '89
    Toyota - Celica, MR2, Tercel '86-'89
    VW - Dasher, Fox, Jetta, Rabbit, Scirocco to '89

subaru is 4x140

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Like subiemech85 said, there are lots of 4x100 rims out there. The size of the hole for the hub bearing (the hole in the middle of the rim) might be different so that some times you can go one direction but not the other. For instance, I run the original 14" steel wheels from my '95 Golf (4x100) on my '89 Toyota Corolla wagon but I wouldn't be able to go the other way as the wheels wouldn't fit over the bearing. Some alloy wheels come with the plastic spacer that fits in the center and is sized for your application so that the wheel can always be "hub-centric", that is, center itself on the hub and not depend on the lug bolts for centering. As my Toyota is just a beat-around-the-farm car anyhow I don't worry about it. There is a whole 'nother discussion on offsets/setback but not sure how vital that would be in this instance. The real problem is going to be finding a 12" rim. As you say, the Justy came in 12". Most of the other applications mentioned will be 13" at the smallest. If you can run a 165R13 or 175/70/13 that might open up a lot more options.

5. jliltd

jliltd Member

Go to 13" rims if you can. Life will be much, much easier. On our Subarus I run a 4x100 13" (13x5.5) alloy rim (expensive at $80 each) with 175x70R13 Firestone Winterforce, directional, studdable snow tires ($55 each). With the current price of oil there is nothing cheap about tires.

The 13" tires are wider than stock and ride much, much better.

6. swampfox

swampfox Member

The stock steel rims from the 1997 Nissan Sentra (13x5) fit perfectly--4x100 bolt pattern and the center bore fits snugly also. I ran those with 175/70R13 tires with no problem, and it handles so much better. Now I run my spare set of 15x6" Scion Xb steel rims. I had the center bore machined out from 54.1 to the size of the Sambar. I also use the stock Scion tires--185/60R15. Before I installed the 13's and 15's, I installed the Sambar lift kit from Crossroads. To make things easier for 15's, I believe the 1997 Nissan Altima wheels will fit with the correct bolt spacing and center bore--check first though. Nissan has some neat-looking alloy wheels for the Sentra and Altima of that period which should also work on the Sambar. I drive on the streets and dirt of Mississippi (tagged) and wanted DOT approved rims for the truck--not the ATV type.

7. toyhog

toyhog Member

Still got those $20 rims? How far are ya from SE Kansas?

8. missminis

missminis New Member

anyone know the different bolt pattern center and offset of the other minis? ie, suzuki carry, dihatsu hijet, and the mitsu?

9. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

If Cape Ape doesn't have them we do. We are in SE Missouri.

10. missminis

missminis New Member

Hey GR Mike i think we do alot of buisness with yall. sure if you have the list of sizes that would be great also would love to have the car sizes that correspond with the different minis if you have it.

11. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Missmini you can do a search here for the info on that I think that it has been put in several threads. If you don't want to go that route I know that Kevin has Joe's number and he can give you all that info

12. andy_george

andy_george Member

Some of you guys talk about going to a 13" wheel for a better ride, and that's definetely something I'm looking for. Does a 13" wheel with a 175 or 185 tire fit height and width wise on a stock truck with no lift?

I have a 2005 Minicab Van, just in case anyone has tried on that specific application.

-Andy

13. confuzed

confuzed Member

if going to stay with a 12" tire try walmart 25 each or canadian tire 33 each i bought the walmart(marshall) doesn't look like a great tread but i'm in a small town alberta and have not been stuck yet

14. larryb

larryb New Member

wheels

does any one know if 93rims from aacura integra will fit a96 subaru sabar. they say a 89 will but does a 93 14in. thanks larry

15. helakukuruk

helakukuruk New Member

One of the best online stores that I have visited is very professional and has focused on their passion about everything to do with the world of automobiles. They have structured an easy and quick way to that enables the buyer to save money and fuel by buying tires and wheels online. Please visit: www.clicktire.com.