1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhino Plow on a 92 Carry

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by mwood, Jul 30, 2011.

1. mwood

mwood New Member

Rhino Snow Plow on a 92 Carry

Just finished fabin up a removable mounting system on my 92 carry. The whole thing unbolts and drops away when its not needed. I also installed 250# front springs to carry the extra load. The plow and mounting bracket were made for a Yamaha Rhino. The front bumper and mounting frame were made from Iron purchased at home Depot. Ill put in some pictures.
    Mike
    Palmer, Alaska

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. mwood

mwood New Member

More plow details

Im Just adding a few more build pictures in case any one is interested in this setup. the whole thing with plow, small lift winch. and metal was under $1000
    to set up. Not included in the cost is the 3" lift kit and and front springs. Im also running 25" tires and they work fine even without the 250lb springs.:pop:

Mike
    Palmer, Ak.

Attached Files:

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

That looks great!

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

looks nice!! yay for removable lol

5. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Wow, that's impressive! Nice work man, I'll use that for ideas when I re-do my plow setup... which I'd better get on soon. Won't be long until I'll need my plow too :/

6. mwood

mwood New Member

Finished Painting

Well now that I have all the major Mechanical out of the way Ifigured it was time to get the painting done. I let my daughter pick out the color. I was a little skeptical about Satin Red:eek: but it turned out ok.
    Pics Included.:pop:
    Mike
    Palmer, Ak.

Attached Files:

7. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Looks very good... I like the amount of clearance you still have with your plow hitch too! I don't want mine to be removable as I want to incorporate a skid plate and permanent winch mount in the front. I think. I'm still on the fence about the permanent mount, but I'll probably end up doing it.

8. mwood

mwood New Member

removable

Removable is good for axcess. I have a front skid plate that clips onto the plow mount. The winch fits the front or rear reciever. This setup leaves me with 10.5" clearance at the lowest point.

Mike

9. mwood

mwood New Member

Snow Plow Mount

Just thaught Id'e Move this back to the top of the pile for snow plowing season.
    I have lots of built picture if any one is interested.

Mike
    Palmer, Ak.

10. Sheperdale

Sheperdale Member

more build pics

I will take any info you have. With the blizzards out here in bethel, I could use a plow before winters end.

11. mwood

mwood New Member

Glad to help

Glad to help, do you have plow, what do you want pictures of

12. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

13. Sheperdale

Sheperdale Member

I could use more of the bumpers and mounting points for them to start with. Then if you had lengths and stuff on the metal. I don't have much experience in metal fab work, so I am a little slow when it comes to this. If I get picks of where everything is mounted and can start the measurements myself. I have the same truck as you so it should be the same.

14. mwood

mwood New Member

Looks good, nice and simple and plenty stout.

15. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Yeah, it's not as sturdy and hardcore as yours but I think (hope) it'll do the trick. I may put a steel plate on the inside of the cab for additional support if I start to see stress on the metal. Snow's pretty much here already so I'll be putting it to the test right away :D

16. mwood

mwood New Member

Front bumper mount

Sheperdale.
    Dont try and make your front bumper as hard core as mine. I was just figuring it out as I went.
    Remove the plastic front bumper and weld a peace of 1.5" angle to the front of the truck at the Firewall/ Floor joint. This will protect the radiator. Stiffen the nose of the truck and provide you with a place to weld mounting tabs for the front bumper. The plow frame will act as the lower bumper mount.
    The 2 main support peaces are 10.5" X 2" angle and are positioned directly opposed to each other. The rest of the frame is cut and welded to fit. All parts are 2" or 1.5" angle.
    Good luck
    Mike

17. Sheperdale

Sheperdale Member

Thanks it's a good weekend to get started