1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse thread listings

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by gregw98, Aug 20, 2008.

1. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Is there a way that you can make the lastest postings come up first? As it is now, I have to go through all the previous postings to get to the newest. I would also like to see all "Stickys" go into one section, something like "FAQ". Maybe it is just me, but I have to hunt for a few seconds to find the newest posts under the Stickys.
    greg

2. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I would like that all so. I've looked on vBulletin website to see if there is a way and others have requested it, but it requires the forum to be hacked. I can play around with it and see what I can do.

For the Stickys, problem with combining them in to one thread is that people will not find them at all then, its funny some people can't find them now.

If you see the thread you want to read, under the "Last Post" column it will show the last person to post and an icon [​IMG] click that and it will take you to the newest post in the thread.

3. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

I just always click on the "new posts" link on the top of the page. It remembers the last time I visited.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Goto User CP. Choose Edit Options under "Settings and options". In the thread display option box it can be changed to newest first.

-Greg

5. greg0187

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i usually just click on the "quick links" at the top of the page and when the menu opens i hit "today's posts"

7. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

8. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i like to leave the oldest ones at the top so i can read through and not repost a question that has already been answered

9. greg0187

Me too. I just use the "New Posts" link. I just remembered see this setting awhile back.

-Greg

10. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Greg, you da man. Thanks, much much better.
    gregw

11. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Me too~!

I'd be lost without the "new posts" button!