1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resurrection and restoration of suzuki carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by muddy moose, Mar 9, 2013.

1. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

My h.I.d headlight conversion went well. No need for ever needing to install any form of off road lights!!!

2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

If there's not photos it didn't happen man coming we want to see them and which HID did you use

3. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I hear ya!!! Hahaha I can't post pics at all. I've Even asked d the kids for help. I think I'm going to have to hook up to a computer........( shiver up the spine and a big cringe) I used slimline 35 watt ballasts with hi/low wire harness and 6k bulbs. I don't like the blue light at all. It has its uses but not a very good all around color of light. The 6k works great in a white out blizzard or one of those rainy nights that sucks all available light up. The best thing is that I'm running my headlights at 35 watts even on hi beam. So......roughly half the power draw than stock lights. I'll try and hook up to the lap top tonight. I have about a hundred pics I want to throw on here for everyone's scrutiny Hahaha. The hardest part if the install was the fact that the hid bulbs are longer than the room available provides for. the headlight wires come threw the body and are held inside a rubber grommet. The way the metal is pushed out is easily rolled inside the cab moving the grommet back enough for the light to clear. Then had to tap a bit under the grommet to allow room for the wire. Very easy. And very worth it!!!! Like I said........no need at all for any firm of off road accessory lighting unless you want to peal the paint off of on coming vehicles hahaha

4. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

even on the laptop I cant get pics to load..........I need help

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Photos must be to large maybe u can try to email them to me or something ill pm. U the address and see if I can help. But I can't be sure if I can

6. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

7. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

wow!!! it worked on some!!! hahahaha out of a hundred fifty pics these are what loaded.
    starting with the left pic
    60 inch Polaris plow. I completely sanded and repainted to the snow will slide off and not stick haha
    h.i.d. ballast I used
    h.i.d. bulb.......6k
    h.i.d. in broad daylight. was so bright my phone auto dimmed when it took the pic hahaha
    same day farther back, still made it look dark outside cause the light messed with my phone
    black pic was after it got dark outside. used it for reference for the next pics of how much light the h.i.d makes
    low beam
    hi beam
    and the last two are just pics of the lights. I had to stand to the side to get these to come out at all hahaha

now I have to figure out how to make my pictures smaller............we usually make them big so when we print our bear, moose, northern lights pics they can be enlarged without looking bad.

thanx for the offer firejonny89!!!! I may have to try that still hahahaha

8. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I still have lots of pictures.........I guess ill have to work on them a bit and ill get them on here too

9. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

10. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

ok I figured it out............... have to resize all the pics and then put them in groups of ten...........

11. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Great pics! Glad you got it figured out.

12. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Thanx!!! I was ready to give up Hahaha now I have lots of work ahead of me to try n get all my pics on here AND an explanation of what they are Hahaha

13. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I'm really hoping my starter gets here soon......... Starting to get colder and I have lots of work I need to get done on the poor little truck before winter........need the lift finished so I can finish my bumper........skid plate........plow mount......plow mount is attaching behind the cab. Then I still have to flip the axle and get the truck level again.....although I like the added traction of having the rear 3 inches lower than the front......at least I still have 4 odyssey 2 buggy's a wheeler a mud truck and my daily driver to work on to keep me busy till I get my parts.......

14. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

You've got way too much time on your hands.I think you need at least 1 more mini.

15. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahaha. Not enough time. But I really do want another mini truck. Just can't find one I can afford. I will get one!!! Hahaha the next one will hopefully have a full frame all the way threw. No more unibody!!!

16. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

20130912_195207.jpg

Three more of these and a piece of 4 inch square stock on each side are going to become the lower bumper/skid plate mounts

17. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Starting to REALLY want a plasma cutter hahaha

18. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That's the way I did my kids truck and yes the plasma cutter is the way to go,I picked one up for $300 a couple of weeks ago and even with one eye it's great.I saw a snap on that needed work for $250 on Craigs list the other day.They are becoming more common and used ones are popping up you just have to watch for them.The last time I bought acetylene it was $68 for the small bottle.

19. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I have co2 and argon already. I missed a plasma cutter a couple weeks ago for 200 by minutes.......I'm running out of strait pieces of steel with a good edge to cheat with hahaha. I always clamp one on those long strait cuts so to keep the cut strait and clean. Cuts down on grinding.

20. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I got buggy parts today...........but no mini-mog parts............:frustration:

21. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Three weeks I've been waiting..........I'm almost ready to spend the big bucks. We dropped down the o freezing last night. I HAVE to get this done in the next month. AND I just picked up a 1977 dodge power wagon with the 400 in her.......stroked........at least she runs and drives and the price was right! F R E E !!!!!!!!

22. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

We got our first frost last night...........

23. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

So..........I'm going to install a remote start in the mini-mog. May as well...... Still waiting for my starter to come

24. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

A nephew from Colo. spent the last week with us and got back home Wed. night.When he got up Thurs. he saw that the aspen had turned and there was a skif of snow on the high peaks. I don't miss it a bit,you can have my share of winter.

25. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Yea they can keep that white stuff!!! We had our first decent freeze last night. I'm really not ready for winter.......my projects are a month behind thanx to the mini-mog being down and my parts not getting here yet. I'm starting to wish I wasn't so darn cheap...........but for 88 dollars I guess that starter is worth the wait.........I hope!!!

I've ordered some led lights to replace the marker lights inside the headlight housing. Those are coming from China.......I bet they will be here before the starter hahaha

26. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Ok...... Starter is supposed to be on the way.......I sure hope so. Still have way too much to do!!! Also need to move the mini-mog over to the gravel pad and remove the front end.......I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have SOMETHING to work on hahah

27. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Still no starter.......so I'm pulling the mini-mog over to where she needs to be. Then going to order a starter from a different place. TThen.......going to build another buggy or two to keep me busy till one if the starters show up hahaha

28. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I now have a good starter in!!!! New timing belt and tune up as well. Seems to run great. I also have a spare starter Hahaha got both the same day. One was half the cost of the other but got them Hahaha. Already had to rescue my mud truck with the mini-mog. She pulled that 7000 pound beast down the muddy trail just fine. Got 2 buggy's put together. One more on its way and another in the works. Got to try n make some parts money Hahaha. I really need a tach for the mini-mog. Makes it a bit tough to time without it.

29. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Got my tach today...... Still working on my bumper. For some reason something changed in the forum. I can no linger add photos from my phone. That said.........I guess I'll be setting up a date with the laptop....... I think y'all will like my bumper and roll bars I mounted to the bed rail hahaha

30. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Only two small strips left to add to the bumper and its ready to mount!!!!! I have a pile of pics stacked up and will post them after she is painted and on the mini-mog!!!! This thing is tough!!! Also replaces the entire front plastic. Has 15 bolts mounting it as well as the plow mount becoming the front skid plate. Only drawback.............it has got to weigh 80 to 100 pounds Hahahaha. Then the tach install begins. That should be interesting. I'll be searching the site to see about the wiring hahaha