1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resources Area

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by kmoneil, Jan 25, 2015.

1. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I think this is something that we've needed for a long time... a central place to put things that don't go well in the threads/posts.

Top menu bar - "Resources" this will take you to a place that you can create resource guides, build guides, parts lists etc..

So give me some categories that you want to see there and I will add them.

PedroNZ1 and Tony Evers like this.
  2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

great idea ! how about a section concerning snorkel air filter fabrication for us guys who run a lot of dusty trails.

3. kmoneil

Added!

I named it "snorkel air filter fabrication" we can always change it later, but this is a start.

Tony Evers likes this.
  4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I will be making some plans for this snorkel and of coarse I will share. Of coarse I think that many people come up with ingenious ideas for home fabrication. so please other ideas are welcome.
    My thoughts so far are to use a rubber clamp available at any hardware store for PVC. also using 2" PCV to 6" canister that will snugly hold OEM filter. in theory it should work. 1996 Suzuki carry.
    My one concern is where to come up. I really don't want to cut hole in truck bed.

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I have a scissors dump, so a hole in he bed really won't work. I am looking at building a snorkel for it, and I am thinking of using an oval hvac duct to get past the bed to the top of the cab, and incorporating the cyclone pre-filter from and old tractor. I'll try to post pictures if/when I do it.

Tony Evers likes this.
  6. allen0288

allen0288 Member

Jigs, have you had a chance to build your snorkel? I am in the process of building something for my van, my factory air box has 2 inlets.

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Not yet. Been a busy summer. Looking at it further, since the air intake on the Daihatsu is from within the frame rails, I may try to figure out how to rig something up on the front of the frame rails when I make the new front bumper.

8. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I finally found time to fabricate that snorkel. I probably put in to many pictures but here goes . 1. I cut the hole I scribed around the pipe with a jig saw with metal blade. using a galvanized main fence post that is 1 7/8 th inside diameter . available at any hardware store. The nipple that would normally fit over fitting under truck fits perfectly into galvanized pipe. I cut pipe at 32" and welded inside flat bar that was tapped to accept bolt hold secondary air filter. the pipe I secured to rack with galvanized stapping. easy job about 2 hrs having fun. benefits will be a much cleaner main air filter over dusty lanes.

Attached Files:

9. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

checked out my main filter after an afternoon of running through the ranch. absolutely no dust. Boom Ba !!!

10. PedroNZ1

PedroNZ1 New Member

A links for various online Workshop Manuals for the different makes and Models, or links to web sites that host Workshop manuals.

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  11. PedroNZ1

PedroNZ1 New Member

Also had a thought, it would be good if one of the Mechanics, on here would like to do a Vlog, on Common repairs to various makes and models, & maybe show what to look for in Modified and Modifing Mini trucks.

12. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

There are quite a few vids on utube, do some searching there.

Fred

13. PedroNZ1

PedroNZ1 New Member

I was thinking it could be a good source for Newbies, and those who are a little less mechanicaly inclined, also if it is posted to here it would be easier to search through than spending days digging through Youtube.

14. Jigs-n-fixtures

I’m leaning with Pedro on this. A lot of the threads are started by folks asking really basic questions, and not seeming to know that the answers are pretty universal.

15. kmoneil

PedroNZ1 and Acerguy like this.
  16. kmoneil

If anyone has any manuals let's start adding them. Let me know if you have any issues.

17. SUSAN BAIRD

SUSAN BAIRD New Member

TOMCAR Troubleshooting...... I have one with 3 cyl Daihatsu gas engine......Tomcartalk Forum wont load
    thnx

18. kmoneil

I didn't get hardly any traffic for the Tomcars so I deleted the website, sorry.

19. Kirk Vivian

Kirk Vivian New Member

Does anyone have a manual for a 98 minicab?